• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ stress

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
My head feels like it's ready to explode trying to organize and get my car ready for this. I have a million mods incomplete and no time for any of it.

On top of everything, my g/f can't go now. :mad: Her job claims they lost her request for time off. They won't give her the hours off now. She put in another request for time off in August for us to go on a cruise in the Caribbean, but instead of the time she needed, they gave her the 2 weeks off following the week that was actually needed.

I asked my friend to go to SZ but it's too late now for him to get the time off. His ex g/f overheard him talking to me about it and said she would go. So right now, I'm waiting to see if she can go. I'm so close to just say fugg it and not go this year. Feels like it's not worth all the trouble.

just get done what you can and don't worry about the rest.

When do you want to get that mirko mounted?

Also I have a few things I could do but I am not going to rush to get them done ...

warmonger brake kit (damn those FSVT rotors are large)
LC-1 Wide Band Controller
coolant flush
Skunkworks battery relocation kit
zaino, zaino and some more zaino ...

I know, everyone is gonna say just get done what you can, but getting everything completed in time was a goal I set a while back. I planned everything out, ordered all my parts, tried to time everything best as I could, but it's just over a week away and most of it is not finished. :cry:

For the Mirko, I'm still waiting to hear about that new bearing pressed in the knuckle so it can get swapped. There is no way in hell I can drive the car the way it is now. The sound from the bearing is ridiculous and the car needs an alignment badly.

wth is wrong with her company?? idiots. What kind of work does she do?

Don't sweat the mods, man. Just be sure your car runs and can make the trip to and from MI, first and foremost, then if you have time, tackle some of the mods.

wth is wrong with her company?? idiots. What kind of work does she do?

Don't sweat the mods, man. Just be sure your car runs and can make the trip to and from MI, first and foremost, then if you have time, tackle some of the mods.

She works at Marshalls and she has been there for over 4 years but still only gets paid just over minimum wage. They treat her like crap, give her the worst hours while the noobs get perfect weekday schedules and she is stuck there on the weekends. She is too stubborn to just take another job and get out of there. She is going to school for physical therapy and wants to just dive into some type of career job, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

The car is running great except for the suspension, bearing, and alignment. It's just annoying to drive right now. I did my oil change and K&N recharge yesterday, so I'm set with that.

call me an hour before you are going to do any work and I will come down and help out .... friday I am free anytime after noon ...

She works at Marshalls and she has been there for over 4 years but still only gets paid just over minimum wage.

Jess just got out of Marshalls herself, not that she was having any troubles or anything but from my understanding they only pay minimum wage anyway and nothing more. She is now doing something completely different from retail and is loving it as well as getting payed more to boot ... but yeah they are picky about the two weeks notice when asking for time off ...

Just get that damn borla off of your car!! My bumper is MELTING AS WE SPEAK!

There is no room to route the exhaust anywhere temporarily either :-(

Just get that damn borla off of your car!! My bumper is MELTING AS WE SPEAK!

There is no room to route the exhaust anywhere temporarily either :-(

I know man, that's part of the stress too because me installing my exhaust in time affects you as well.

She is too stubborn to just take another job and get out of there. She is going to school for physical therapy and wants to just dive into some type of career job, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

maybe you can use this to push her to leave, and she should look into getting into the field asap, even if its just office work at a place ....

No idea actually. It's this kit but I can't really tell. I have a Magnaflow straight through for the center, and 2 Magnaflow Race Series mufflers for the rear.

well it does say bolt on .... call jeff he has the trubenz/borla it may all clamp together and that shouldn't be hard to install ...

well it does say bolt on .... call jeff he has the trubenz/borla it may all clamp together and that shouldn't be hard to install ...

Well Jeff has a full Borla kit from them.

Mine is a piping kit and then my own new Magnaflow mufflers. I got it from SHOgofast (Adam), and Stazi helped him piece together this kit. When he installed a turbo, he sold the kit to me brand new because he upgraded to 3" piping.

from my understanding the piping is all standardized and you get to pick what you want in terms of resonators and mufflers ...

the piping kit has more joint/connection points then just the resonator or mufflers so that part should be the same ... looks like it could be clamped together but I am not sure ...would need to look at it ...

Well if it's clamped on, then it should be easy. I just never got around to opening the boxes and lining everything up.

lol you *******!!! If it clamps on I'm gonna go over there and help you put it together.

Then I'm going to fight you to the death!

Well if it's clamped on, then it should be easy. I just never got around to opening the boxes and lining everything up.

well I know the first thing that you should do when you get home tonight :laugh:

if not call jeff and see what he says about it as I am fairly sure the piping is all the same ...

Back