• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Swaping shifters from 2000-99

FrancisPennysac

Veteran CEG'er
Ok, so I can't seem to find anything on this subject maybe one of you guys can help me

I have a 1999SVT and a 2000 SVT... Inside the car, the 2000 has a B&M installed...the 99 is factory shifter I want to swap the B&M out of the 2000 and into the 99'

My problem I am having is the actual shifter's themselves seem to look different for what they are "mounted" to.

My 99 has the Plastic base and the 2000 has the metal one... I believe, or switch it around but either way they are different types..

From what I have read there is something having to do with a "riser" plate to install the shifter into different year cars..????

Ill try to post pics of both shifter's later or tomorrow..

What all is required to install?? I cannot locate ANYTHING from B&M or online or on here showing CLEARLY how to swap from one type of shifter base to another.. I believe there was a couple post relating to this saying it is possible..but most of the links were broken that included pics..

The B&M in the 2000 seems to only have two bolts holding the shifter in its place...the 1999 has 4 bolts that bolt the shifter in.. So before I ruin my car by trying to put a square peg in a circle hole.. anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great :)

Once I do get this sorted out I will try my best to post vid/pics of the swap itself for future reference

Back