• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT with Magnaflow resonator in Cleveland area?

bxd20

CEG'er
Hi-

So far my SVT has a stock exhaust. I am thinking about replacing the stock resonator with the Magnaflow that's recommended by a lot of people on CEG.

It would be nice to hear it in person before spending the money though. Does anyone in the greater Cleveland/Akron area have this setup, that I could meet up with to hear it? I'd be willing to travel a bit.

Thanks
Brian

It's also a friggin hack. The POS packing will blow out in a year not to mention the body will rust out. Do it right and get a nice quality res. like the Magnaflow. Just do it if you want a little more sound w/o it being loud.

It's also a friggin hack. The POS packing will blow out in a year not to mention the body will rust out. Do it right and get a nice quality res. like the Magnaflow. Just do it if you want a little more sound w/o it being loud.

plus one for todd

I had a magnaflow on 2 of my cars, my last 99 and current SVT.The SVT's magnaflow has seen 2 winters and still shines, my 99 saw two winters and still shined. I will also point out that in pics and vids someone just posted an SVT with only a magnaflow res, sounds okay, but would sound better with the main cat removed, or headers installed, or both.

how many glass packs have done that? The words "cheap for a reason" come to mind. Magnaflow isnt really even that expensive, my resonator was like $65 shipped off of ebay. Probably could have found it cheaper if I used google checkout...

im in cleveland and have magnaflows on my cars. dont have either of them up here though! :)

just trust me when i say they sound GREAT!

buffalo, NY :cool: where in cleveland are you? im unfortunately on the east side. East 260th to be exact :blackeye:

Back