• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT OEM Rotor Part #'s

Thanks for the info. The part # in the ebay ad is F8RZ-1125-EA, searching the net gave me this part # F8RZ-1125-CA, the only difference being the E and C at the end. I don't suppose you have any way to confirm your part numbers? Did the rotors come in a Motorcraft box with a part number on it or were they in different packaging?

Confirmed with my local dealer yesterday. F8RZ-1125-EA was the original # for the front rotors but it now references to part # 93BZ-1125-EA, the rears are the same for all years and models F7RZ-2C026-CA.

When Ford introduced Motorcraft rotors in training materials they said their intent was to keep OEM parts available only as long as needed to to fill warranty needs.

I'm sure that OEM Ford Contour SVT rotors are long gone.

In that same training material, they said that Motorcraft rotors were intended to be a perfect match to OEM. My experience is that they were the same junk. Wagner is the vendor for Motorcraft rotors.

Thanks for the heads up Jim. I've been debating between the OEM and Brembo blanks, only because I have a friend working at the local Ford parts warehouse that can get me employee pricing. I don't want to take the chance of getting crap so Brembo it is.

Got mine at kragen for 15 bucks for the rear (fronts are $5 more). Even has a 2 year replacement warranty on them.

Just an update. I ordered the Brembo blanks. Made in Italy not China and reassuringly have the part numbers for a MKII Mondeo (09676610 and 09570810). Until buying these rotors I had no idea the front brakes for my SVT were from a standard V6 Mondeo, I figured all Contours/Mystiques/Mondeo's had 260mm front brakes except SVT with 278. Goes to show the differences when crossing the pond and how were cheated, just another item to add to the de-contented list.

Back