• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

stockbridge, ga

montrese04

Veteran CEG'er
anyone remotely near stockbridge that could help with taking my 2.5 out i'm mostly done but am coming up on some things i dont understand how to get to or what i'm looking for

• power steering
  • having a challenge getting my fuel lines to detach
  • getting vss detached
  • maybe a few more things

Are you dropping the motor through the bottom?

-If you are then you need to detach the p/s from the steering column. There is a bolt inside the car that you have to loosen.

-If you taking out through the top then you dont need to do anything with the p/s.

-You need to get special fuel disconnect lines that you can find at autozone. From there its pretty simple.

-Whats the VSS? variable speed sensor? I dont know where that is located on a 2.5L

- Anything else just list.

VSS is on the trans & it should unplug but you should be pulling the engine & trans together so you wouldn't have to worry about the VSS until you are ready to break the two apart. You've been to my place & I'm fairly busy but give me a call when you are working on it, I can talk you through some things.

Also make it clear because Sam asked a critical question are you pulling it out of the top or bottom?

and just in case if you need some help i'd be more than willing to drive up and help. as I not (about a year ago) had my motor out.

I live in Stockbridge but not going to be there for some time......im in the military. Wish i could help

oh and if you need some spare svt parts, I know where an extra green svt contour(salvage yard) is . It is in the junk yard down from walmart towards 675 on the left. It is in the very back and still has some decent parts. Hope this helps

Could you get the VIN for me please?

ok i will go and get the vin soon and wow i would have never thought there was one that close to me. i mean that is 3 miles from my house but i cant stand that junkyard. that particular one tries to jack the prices up sky high

also would like to know if my pulse wheel is on correctly this is on a 04 taurus. trying to match up to the 2.5 timing cover
MVC-035S.jpg

and if i have enough parts to get the vac lines to work
MVC-036S.jpg

yeah i'm going that route. wish i had my mind totally into the build so it could go a lil smoother for me. but i'm about to drop the engine in so. i guess it's going solid

just need to figure out the egr and vac line thing

Back