• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock Stereo

Imo000

CEG'er
I've looked in the classifiend at the top of the baord but didn't find anything. Not suprised at all since I'm after a stock stereo to fit my '98 Mystique (with CD prefered) and I dout anyone ever sells them. Mine came with non and since the wire connectors are intact, a stock drop in would be fine for now.

I've got two stock ford units but they are the ones that have an amp seperate from the head unit so it does not work with the Mystique.

I have a stock cd player around somewhere. Will have to check if it requires a factory amp though.

Thanks! Let me know when you do, maybe I can pick up the springs at the same time too.
The plug in the back will tell if it does or not. The one that I need has two falt plugs and the antenna. The ones that I tried to fit had one flat and one rectangle plug. The rectangle plug goes to the amp and the flat one supplies all the power to the head unit.

MBB41,

I'm heading to the local junk yard tomorrow morning, so if I can score a radio that I need I will probably get it....will let you know what I find.

I took mine out to the range. Any aftermarket deck is better than that. Pay for shipping and I'll send you a wiring kit. Do your sanity some justice.

Thanks for the offers but ended up just going to the local junk yard last Saturday, pulled and bought one for $20. I know that any aftermarket deck is better than the stock but I really don't care how it sounds. The car if for my wife while she's on maternity leave and as long as there is a working radio in it, that's all I care.

Back