• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock CSVT Rotor Dimensions Please

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
My Plans: Baer Brake Kit upfront and NPG Rear Kit(which entails putting a stock sized Front Rotor 278mm)

Since I am getting a Baer Kit, I want to keep all rotors the same and matching, I want to know what are ALL the dimensions for the STOCK FRONT CONTOUR SVT Rotor!

278mm by what??? I am unsure of what else I need to state in order to get a custom rotor.

- amyn

well that is the thing, you actually want the rotor to be thinner then a new stock front rotor so it fits the rear caliper bracket without having to grind on it to much. I know it was said before the FSVT rear rotor would work but is to thin that when the rear pads are almost worn out they could fall out of the bracket.

The Stock Front Contour SVT Rotor will fit on the rear with NPG's Rear BBK as per Joey

What are the Dimensions besides the 278mm???

- amyn

The Stock Front Contour SVT Rotor will fit on the rear with NPG's Rear BBK as per Joey

- amyn

yes I know. but you have to open up the caliper braket to make it work. it was suggested to have the rotor turn to min thickness so that the bracket doesn't need to be openned up as much. so you don't need something as thick as the stock rotor if you don't want.

I see.... Ill have to get with Joey on this one then... as soon as I get the cash but I will ask him when im purchasing the Turbo Kit........

Oops did I say Turbo Kit??? :rolleyes:

- amyn

I see.... Ill have to get with Joey on this one then... as soon as I get the cash but I will ask him when im purchasing the Turbo Kit........

- amyn

well I can measure the rotors on my car but they are worn. somewhere on line you should be able to find the spec.

if you do get the turbo kit don't forget that Aircougar Performance can do the install

The spec thickness on the fronts is 0.95" and min is 0.870". I just had new svt rotors turned down to 0.900" and they fit fine in my opened up caliper brackets.
You will need to know the offset as well since I imagine that varies from rotor to rotor.
If you were getting purpose built rotors you could have them made to the same thickness specs as the rears, just bigger diameter. I can't remember the spec thicknesses for the rear rotor but I remember that I found it on the autozone website.

- amyn

Rotor Specifications:

* Type: Rotor
* Number of Bolts/Holes: 4
* Bolt Circle Dimension: 4.25"
* Discard Thickness: .874"
* New Surface Thickness:
* Outside Diameter: 10.945"
* Overall Height: 1.85"
* Vented/Solid Design: Vented
* Composite Design?: No
* Outer Bearing Cup Included?: No
* Inner Bearing Cup Included?: No
* ABS Sensor Ring?: No

- amyn

Amyn,

Brapple is correct. You need to use the CSVT front rotors off the car and they can be turned down towards minimum thickness if you want to minimize the grinding on the rear brackets. IF you go with FSVT rears you will have to have some weld beads added onto the inside of the caliper bracket in all four spots and then hand grind to fit so that the pads do not slip out when they wear down.

OR, you can go with TCE brakes and get a big brake rear kit to go with your BAER front kit.
Honestly, if our NPG kit is not enough for you the I recommend just buying the full up nice race kit from Todd at TCE. His brakes are outstanding for racing applications.

war..

Back