• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Steeda True Duals

There was a thread a while back, I think early summer that had pics of tru duals.

I believe Steeda posted the thread and the picks.

He said he designed the system himself, and would replicate and ship it for a decent price.

There were a couple posters that questioned the safety of the system if one of the pipes went under the gas tank, and he replied he had had a heat shield for that, but in his opinion it was of no concern and he didn't use one.

If anyone remembers this thread and has a link to it, or if it was Steeda, could you please post the link.

Thanks.

its in the group buy forum. fwiw. i ran a setup like that for two or three years w/no issues or heat shields

also remember that his gains are on a csvt w/a stock exhaust system. meaning if you already have a high flow ypipe and a catback your not going to gain much.

There was a thread a while back, I think early summer that had pics of tru duals.

I believe Steeda posted the thread and the picks.

He said he designed the system himself, and would replicate and ship it for a decent price.

There were a couple posters that questioned the safety of the system if one of the pipes went under the gas tank, and he replied he had had a heat shield for that, but in his opinion it was of no concern and he didn't use one.

If anyone remembers this thread and has a link to it, or if it was Steeda, could you please post the link.

Thanks.

That design was not by him, he bought the tru-duals used off another ceger. He just added the front end of the 2 pipes to the flex pipes.

Also heatsheilds are not needed for under the tank exhaust.

That design was not by him, he bought the tru-duals used off another ceger. He just added the front end of the 2 pipes to the flex pipes.

Also heatsheilds are not needed for under the tank exhaust.

just to ask a quick one here harry, since you know im redoing my exhuast (yet dont agree, yeah i hear yeah.. sorta) i can just run it staight and under the gas tank with no problems?

I ran mine directly under the tank with exhaust wrap. I had zero problems. You may ask the subsequent/current owners if there have been any issues. I doubt it though.

just to ask a quick one here harry, since you know im redoing my exhuast (yet dont agree, yeah i hear yeah.. sorta) i can just run it staight and under the gas tank with no problems?

Yes but def have some distance from the tank. Don't have them that close. Plastic will melt if the exhaust rubs against it for long periods.

You can do what trapps sexy self did and put exhaust wraps in the back around the pipes. If you want to feel better about this whole exhaust pipe and tank problem.

But beware where u live and what material you are wrapping it with.

As long as you live in hot weather you can do it and not worry. If you live in Michigan :cool: that wrap will get wet and hold the salt from the roads. Which will start to eat away at aluminum really quick. Now stainless will still rust but it will take sooo much longer for that salt to eat through that pipe.

No salt areas- use wrap if you want on any pipe.

Salt areas - use wrap on stainless piping only.

thanks guys, that will make things way easier and cheaper. ill make a thread for any further questions though. :cool:

Back