• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SS Brake lines

SVOFANATIC

Veteran CEG'er
I'm needing to know what I should do for brake lines. I have cobra front brakes same as Baer and I'm curious what everyone with Baer front calipers and stock rear calipers run for lines my fronts need a banjo bolt and the stock it the straight in fitting what ever its called. What should I run for lines?

The aftermarket Goodridge brand front brake lines will not fit your Baer/Cobra calipers. The Goodrich will fit the rears if you get the proper set. I am using the Baer brand front stainless braided lines, and Goodridge rear stainless braided lines.

I'm not sure, its been so long since I bought mine. I know my kit came with fronts and rears for my '95 and I had a kit with front and rears for a SVT that I traded off.

I have custom made ones from All Hose (Parker Store). I tried to adapt Mustang ones but didnt want to use the fittings need. I still have the Mustang ones if your interested. I was told the Goodridge ones fail often...

Mine are also stock length, I heard that the off the counter ones are on the long side and can be tricky to get not to rub. Only down side is that they could be a tad bit longer for when the suspension is at full extension. Something that doesnt happen when the car is driving.

I suggest the Baers, call them to order.

My Goodridge ones havn't leaked or failed on the rears, but I would just call BAER and order their fronts made for your car and caliper setup.

Back