• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SS Brake Hose Problem

Eric L

CEG'er
Ok, so I go to install my 4-piece Goodridge brake hose set and the fronts go on perfectly. The rears however were not so cooperative. My stock hose has 1 male and 1 female end. The Goodridge hoses have 2 male ends.

I think they mis-assembled the kit, so I call the place I bought them from and 1 week later I get the new rear hoses, but they are again the same thing. I have verified the part # i got/ ordered from Goodridge's online catalog and everything is right.

I searched the old forums and didn't see anything about anybody else experiencing similar problems. Is my car wierd? It is a 2000 SVT, built Jan. 2000. The kit 12324 also fit 98-02 Cougar's w/ rear disc, 12323 is for non-SVT models but doesn't mention w/ or w/out rear disc.

I am going to check some brake application books I have access to at work and the Ford computer. I amy even go buy a hose from the autoparts store to see what I get.

I just thought I'd get the opinion of the CEG before I call Goodridge. Should I be expected to have to get a fitting to mate the 2? I can't be the first to buy this kit?

If I can ever get my pic to upload, I will post it. But what do you think?

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

picture.JPG

You lines are the opposite to mine - must have been some sort of design change in 2000.

I have the Goodridge lines and they are male/male. Looks like you are going to need a female union to make it work, unless there is another line available.

9ac14757.jpg

search the old forums, I don't recall where but there was talk of this before, you should just need an adaptor to make it work

Well, I called Goodridge today and apparently they were making the kits wrong. They are sending me new rear hoses with 1 male and 1 female end this week!

I did look up some info on OE and aftermarket brake sources though. Ford listed a 22" male/male and a 12" male/female hose for 98-00.

Weird stuff

Ok to update this. I now have 3 sets of rear hoses that are double-male. I sent Goodridge some pics of my male brake line fitting and they are making a female/ male hose.

Goodridge didn't know what was up, but they have been very good to work with. The lady i ahve been wrokign with has apoligized so many times that I lost count.

I searched the old forums for similar complaints, but no luck. I also brought up to Goodridge if I need an extra fitting/ adaptor, but she said I shouldn't have to. If they say they fit the car, they shoudl fit out of the box, no extra fittings.

I hope to get the new set in soon! I'll keep everybody updated

Actually... mine requires both to be male. Both sets that I've had came that way (Goodridge and TCE). Strange that ours are the same year but different hard line ends.

Now that the title is in my name, I keep forgetting to request the SVT plaque. They wouldn't accept the prior title with the bank on it. I'll try to remember to order it this week.

The door jam says 9/99.... but I don't yet have the production #.

Last edited:
I have to send them back tot he HRPworld.com, the people I bought the set from originnaly.

I don't understand why they made you wait? They must be getting stingy in with their demise. Mine was on lien until a little over a year ago, an dI got my certificate immediately.

Back