• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Split port 3.0L duratec

CSVT_0611

Poster boy for Hawaiian Tropic so I can look white
Why doesn't anyone use these engines or heads?
Some people don't remember Ford used these in the Taurus from '97 to 99' (I think thats right).
This would be especially for the people that want to to retain their IMRC and stock looking SVT intake.
Do the heads just not flow? Or does nothing bolt up properly?
Could someone shed some light on this?

I feel dumb now. I figured there had to be something simple that I was missing.
Bummer, just imagine the possibilities....

Why doesn't anyone use these engines or heads?
Some people don't remember Ford used these in the Taurus from '97 to 99' (I think thats right).
This would be especially for the people that want to to retain their IMRC and stock looking SVT intake.
Do the heads just not flow? Or does nothing bolt up properly?
Could someone shed some light on this?

this is another indication of why we dont use themm... dey old az fuuuuhhh

Less HP, smaller coolant passages, no belt driven water pump, and they had casting issues :blackeye:.

Last edited:
I'm not using this engine nor will many if any other people bc of the power difference and the casting problems but I noticed while putting my engine together that the front bank cyl head has a section bolted on to allow for the Cam driven water pump can this section not just be swapped over? I might have to do come digging in the JY lmao

-_- No. The cam will not physically fit.

There is a bracket that ALL water-pump driven cams have that bolts to the head. There is no place for it. It will not work.

Back