• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Speaker Size?

svttouruofl

CEG'er
I'm sure that this has been answered before but do 6x9's fit in the factory openings of a CSVT? I have seen some discussion on it and all the answers are kinda so so. I want to know that they will fit before I purchase some.

I know that it wouldn't be hard but I had read on someone's post that you can put 6x9's in by slightly twisting the speaker. Also is there going to actually be that much of a differance between the 6x8's and 6x9's. I was looking at either getting the polk 2 ways or something like that...Any suggestions?

Hey bud that site isnt that great. I've been in the audio business for quite a while now and those prices are still high. I bought 2 pairs of some brand new pioneers for $55 a year ago. They want $45 a pair for those same speakers.

i put some 6x9 in my front doors today just twisted them a bit and drilled some new hole in the black platic cause the hole they give u dont match up. didnt turn out to bad.:shrug:

Please avoid twisting at all costs. It can cause the VC to become misaligned and destroy a perfectly good set of speakers. If you don't want to cut, a .75" MDF adaptor will get the job done.

Back