• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sold the Mystique, 2013 Taurus SHO is the new daily driver

Spikedog

CEG'er
I've had my eye on SHO's locally, and a 2013 black SHO with 12K miles showed up in the Ford dealer's lot last week. I traded in the 1996 Mystique LS for it.

Thanks to all who've helped me get the Mystique up to 150,000 miles. Special thanks to BRapple and ProjectSHO (Steve) for the insight over the years. The Mystique was a code-throwing PITA sometimes, but driving it for 15 years was a good experience, all in all. That 2.5L V6 was and still is a pretty powerful engine, and the overall cost of ownership was pretty low. Having done all the work over the years on it, and having contour.org to fall back on for advice was priceless.

Congrats on getting the SHO...they are sweet! Excellent choice to move up into! Hopefully, you get many good miles out of this as well. The black ones are my favorite. What color is the interior?

Interior - Black with grey center sections. I'm a bit overwhelmed at all the electronics, but the heated steering wheel is sweet.

I'm pulling down 20 mpg so far (at ~6000' elevation and keeping my foot out of it).

Now I'm wishing I'd kept the Mystique! My son crashed his Jeep Liberty and now I've got to buy something for him. I could've just handed him the merc, dangit, especially for what I got out of it at the dealer.

Back