• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

so who has power?

BrApple

No Life But CEG
So after the storm Saturday who has power?

The power in Enfield went out around 7 on Saturday night. CL&P doesn't even has an estimate as to when the power might be back on. I am figuring after a week again :rolleyes:..... actually its really bad out there. Most of one of the trees in the backyard came down onto the deck. Luckly only the gutter got a little bent up when it happened, got very lucky.

Down here in Gales Ferry the power went out for a few hours.

Mine went out at 10:30pm Saturday and came back on around 7pm Monday. I ended up staying at a friend's house Sunday night and worked in Boston yesterday. There is at least one grid in Nashua that is still out (Amherst St). We lost a few trees in my neighborhood but nothing serious since the power lines are buried. If you stray from the main roads though, it gets really bad.

My area has a lot of traffic lights. Merrimack PD was directing traffic (daylight hours only) at the Exit 11 intersections, but anything south was a free-for-all. When the mall goes in next year, it's going to get tricky to leave my house during a power outage.

If there's anything positive to come out of this, I got a lot accomplished on Sunday morning/afternoon without the distraction of Internet or TV. It was also nice to see the stars in this area; it makes you realize how much light pollution we have even in the small cities. Even my neighborhood will never be totally dark because the highway toll booths and lights are on backup generator.

Power went out at 3:45 and the power lines ripped off my house at 12:30am from a tree. Electrician has already fixed the house side. Now I just need power company to come back and hook it up.

Well, i lost power at the condo for a couple hours Saturday night but then got trapped at the gf's house on my way to the rents. Had to chainsaw the way out the next morning and then everyone looks at me funny when i pass 4x4's on a hill in the cougar(lsd and snow tires ftw) They probaly eon't have power in S Windsor, Ellington, East Hartford, Enfield, E windsor for a week or two easy. There are alot of single houses that will be out for even longer...

We lost power in Southwick,ma at 5:00pm on Saturday. Western mass elec. says by friday 6pm we should have power, doubt it, there are trees and lines down everywhere. We have been crammed in front of the fireplace and eating food cook over it and freezing. Although i am at work at UCONN hospital and its rather toasty here :), my wife and the kiddos are probably freezing back home :(

Come on electricity :)

Springfield, MA here. Power on and off at 6pm, went out for good at 8pm Saturday. WMECO estimates Saturday afternoon for the badly hit areas of Spfld. Never looked forward to going to work so much.

Hard to comprehend how the carnage I've seen from this is worse than the tornado that ran through less than a half mile from my house, not even 5 months ago... I do not have a spot in my back yard without branches covering it. Luckily nothing big enough to do structural damage hit the house.

Stay warm everyone.

I think I'll be getting power back in South Amherst today. The repaired the downed lines on two streets right off of mine. I'm hopeful heading home today!

CL&P projects that I'll have power back in Enfield on Monday the 7th at 12am ..... so much for a faster turn around time as promised previously. After Irene it took the same amount of time to get the power back in Gales Ferry ....

You will have power back sooner than that. They will give you a crappy turnaround time so that way you will be elated when you get power back. Don't want to make false promises.

actually I believe it. after Irene i got a call Monday, while in NC, that the power was back on. It was out the whole week before I left.

Power came back on yesterday evening was out for 3days although I learned my lesson along time ago and got a 5500W generator with hook up for the house, runs my heat, hot tub ( only on econ mode or safe mode) lights, etc. so I was good. I have alot of tree/yrad damage and had a tree against the house and a huge widow maker stuck in the tree tops above the house/shed area. My buddy Kevin came over with his excavator and took the tree off the house and we had to cut the tree down holding the widow maker in order to deal with that. I have a huge tree down in the back + little crap like that. hope everyone is well that was affected.

sure sounds like alot of people don't have power back yet. Took most of Saturday but the yard is cleaned up now.

Back