• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So what has everyone been up to?

BrApple

No Life But CEG
Since moving into the new place we are getting settled in. Recently installed a door to close off the basement from the hatch. I think I drove both cars a bit more this year then the last few years. Only ~620 miles on the SeVT in the last two years.

The neighborhood is continuing to change. The builders just had the remaining lots cleared. Very different now without the trees, wish they didn't really have to go. All the built houses have someone in them, new model home to be started soon.

Other then visiting family we have been helping my brother and sister in law with plans and review of the house they are having built. Next will be time to move them just before thanksgiving.

Can't believe another year is coming to an end. Going to be a busy holiday season as always.

Neighborhoods are constantly changing and revolving.

As far as myself, mandatory trainings continue, and the state is increasing the trainings for educators, this time, looking at more at child abuse/boundary invasion issues as well as what recently has happened in Marysville WA, where a 14 year old freshman brought a gun to school and shot 5 other students, killing 3 of them plus himself. Since I am about 50 miles from Marysville, the community here is quite aggravated at this issue. Same thing happened in 2007 when a student I had worked with shot and killed a fellow student at the high school I worked at; and was there for a meeting when that shooting occurred. I am about 50 miles south of Marysville and the community wants answers and it stopped, but I don't think that will happen quickly.

Other than that, my physical ability seems to be downgrading; which is normal for a person with a physical disability, and getting older.

I continue to consult with parents with special needs kids in getting the schools to serve them correctly, and be able to be functional adults rather than welfare queens and prison inmates.

Trying to enjoy retirement.

It's been a fun year. The wife and I went to Jackson N.H. and stayed at the Wentworth inn. We did a lot of sight seeing and drove the explorer to the top of Mount Washington. We did some more needed work to the house.Last year we did the patio out back and this year a new versa-lock wall along the driveway and paver walkway for the front. The timber wall was rotten and the old walkway was awful. We did the usual trip to Mashpee to the time share in September.I Drove the contour a lot this year also and even last year. It's at the storage unit for the winter and the mustang is in the garage also for winter slumber :cry:. I hope everyone is doing well.

I took the CTS-V to the track and ran a 13.1. The SVT is at 169k miles and still going strong. I changed over the calipers and hoses but now I have squashy brakes and the e brake doesn't work. I think this is related, the pads may be up a little higher because of rust on the rotors. I think a clutch job will be necessary some time soon but hopefully not until next year. I have a brand new torsen that has been sitting for about 2-3 years ready to go in too. I also got a new job that is much closer to home so less then half the mileage now. I saw a silver SVT going into work one day in plainville but haven't seen it since.

Back