• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So this fell off my car today...

bishop375

Hard-core CEG'er
And, since I lack most mechanical knowledge, was wondering wth it was!

part_top.jpg

part_narrow.jpg

part_wide.jpg

Thanks!

throw it in the garbage and call it natural weight reduction haha

Thats pretty much it. It's not a big deal...just leave it off. If you care about it though (don't know why you would) you could always have the throw some welds on it and get it back on...but I wouldn't worry about it

If you park in dry grass, it's best to have that shield on there. It does look pretty shot though..

I thought about this, this morning. As suggested by Fav, you should put the shield back and use one of those muffler repair kits (with the straps, nuts and bolts). About $8 from Autozone or Advance. Need shears to cut the the strap for the correct length. I had the same issue but it did not fall off but was making a loose dink sound the first 15 seconds or so during start up.

Edit. Victor V812 Muffler Repair Kit.

Last edited:
I thought about this, this morning. As suggested by Fav, you should put the shield back and use one of those muffler repair kits (with the straps, nuts and bolts). About $8 from Autozone or Advance. Need shears to cut the the strap for the correct length. I had the same issue but it did not fall off but was making a loose dink sound the first 15 seconds or so during start up.

I thknk you guys are over reacting. Of course its best to have it on there, I mean, thats why it was on there from the factory. But I really wouldn't go out of my way or spend any money on getting it replaced.

I DO understand the arguement though, if you live in...Cali and you have 100+ days all the time and park in a field...then you mihgt want it back on...hehe.

Back