• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Runnin' the Dragon early next week...in a Mini...that's not mine!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
My ex-boss asked me if I wanted to do another road trip and I said yes. Now remember, I moved to Chicago and my old job is back in metro Detroit. I'm off all of next week, so I've got free time for sure. I need to go back home to visit my kids, sell some of my old parts from the Mini and make some money, a win, win and win for me. The car I'm picking up is in West Palm Beach FLA and its an 06' Mini Cooper "S" that was taken directly to M7 to be tuned and customized by them, its only got 2100 miles on it too. Everything is custom on it, its pearl white paint, Leeda suspension, 230 hp at the crank, fixed racing seats with Alcantara inserts and headliner and a ton of CF. All in all, the guy dropped over $30K into this car, not counting the price of the car! I should arrive Sunday morning around 11:30 a.m. and hope to hit the road as early as possible. I'm going to try and make it to Caney Creek Village by dark fall and wake up whenever the next day and run the Skyway and Dragon...on Monday...no traffic, great!

I heard about the road being closed due to the rock slide, but its only in that area where we all park and hang out, so its not going to affect anything on my end. It will be weird to be out there all alone, but nothing is better than having the entire road to myself for sure, just hope the weather is decent as far as rain or fog.

Anyone wanna join me?

That's cool man! I'll be workin of course; half the shop has quit or been fired in the last 3 weeks. :( But you'll drive right by me (mostly) on your way. :cool:

Back