• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rebuilding CKtour98 Bumper

keithr

Veteran CEG'er
Rebuilding the bumper from scratch, literally, this thing looked like it got hit by a transport truck. Every major hole/split/crack is gone, just gota sand sand sand.
Keith

Attachments

• DSCI0027.JPG
    DSCI0027.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCI0029.jpg
    DSCI0029.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCI0030.JPG
    DSCI0030.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 0
Thats AWSOME man, considering what it looked like before...heres some quick pictures for reference to how it USED to look...

Minor crack on the bottom:

Rough crack:

Crack near the foglight:

Close-up of the crack above:

Another crack on the bottom, other side:

The small hole?:

Amazing work! I cant thank you enough!!

Hey, thanks man, no problem, I know it still looks rough but I still have to do alot of work to it,

Hey, maybe we can get a deal seeing as Im having my bumper fixed and repainted again, I mean, there being really cool with me and are gonna give me a deal because I have spent so much money with the shop, they might do your bumper to at the same time cheap? I gotta call them on monday when the owner gets back in, let me know, I should be done your bumper by then.

Keith

yeah, definately see if thats possible because that would be perfect. let me know how it goes with the rest of the bumper + once you call on monday, i might even see if I can throw my SVT rear in there for a paintjob too...

That is some good work!! I'm in the process of moulding a CS lip to my Probes bumper.. I hope it comes out that good.
Good work!
Mike

Seriously? I hate doing it. I'm really no good and I want it to look decent as it is going on my (ex)show car. What would you charge to get it ready for primer?
PM me if you want.

Mike

hey Keith, whats that site you were telling me about for the CSVT parts, I'm going to need front+rear bumper mesh soon since no one is selling any Stazi Gen.2 that I prefer, so I guess I'll just go stock SVT mesh...

Hey man,
https://www.1stfordparts.com/
I know for a fact they dont have the rear mesh, I already tried, I had to get mine from bagged. See if they have the front though, not sure if they have that, bumpers going good, just alot of work man, I'll keep ya posted and I'll check around for some mesh also.
Cheers,
Keith

sounds good, hope the bumper isnt killin' ya lol! I'm looking for front+rear bumper mesh since no one is selling any Stazi mesh, plus an SVT grille or just the grille mesh (I painted my oval already to match the car) would be cool so it all matches, let me know if you find anything!

Sean

Just wondering whats going on, how you making out? And just curious to if you called the place to fix your bumper and whatever else, if they'll paint mine too? Let me know, thanks again

Sean

Hey man,
Goin good, just had to take a small break from it, just dealing with my car issues at the moment. As for the body shop, there all booked up till next monday. If you wanna come take a look at it, just give me a ring, 905.393.8853.

Cheers,
Keith

Back