• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ran the Speed3

hectik1

The Hispanic Hellion
Consistent 2.3 60' time, consistent violent wheelhop.

Filter, bypass valve, and motor mount upgraded....

Best time and mph: 14.4 @ 100 mph

Pretty much on par with what it supposed to run.:shrug:

Atleast your doing what the books are stating.

I bet you won't be sitting at 14.4's for that long. The modding has just begun for you. :cool:

What's wheel hop? :shrug: FWD <- :troutslap:

Seriously though, test pipe is the way to go as far as exhaust is concerned; unless you have a grand or two laying around; which that money could buy lighter wheels and stickier tires anyways. 13's are possible Hector; don't be afraid to break it. ;)

Trust me I am not afraid. Test pipe is gonna have to wait until after warranty. Want to get wheels....no money.
What's wheel hop? :shrug: FWD <- :troutslap:

Seriously though, test pipe is the way to go as far as exhaust is concerned; unless you have a grand or two laying around; which that money could buy lighter wheels and stickier tires anyways. 13's are possible Hector; don't be afraid to break it. ;)

Why wait until after the warranty? Four bolts and fifteen minutes; unless it's totally different from the MS6's. :shrug:

I'm assuming you had the DSC off since you had crazy wheel hop. Did you try running with it on? I know it limits power when traction is lost but it would give a more controllable launch.

Is the factory cat really that restrictive? I thought it was all in the downpipe and pre-cats on the MS3.

They're really not that bad, but a test pipe in place of the main cat yields the biggest gains. When you consider that can be had for well under $100, a $300 downpipe and $1000+ exhaust just doesn't make sense; unless you've got more money than sense. :crazy:

With the Speed3 I can get the most from my exhaust with a test pipe (since it is easy removable). Downpipe helps, but not the easiest to get off.:laugh:

DSC was off. Never tried with it on. Probably should have.

I had that dilemma with my turbo mx6 and didnt want to risk a roadside inspection (which happened semi-often in austin) and a $500 fine. The dyno tested 4hp wasnt worth it nor was the way the engine got raspy without it.

With the Speed3 I can get the most from my exhaust with a test pipe (since it is easy removable). Downpipe helps, but not the easiest to get off.:laugh:

DSC was off. Never tried with it on. Probably should have.

I would do that mod in a heatbeat. I would just swap that stuff before taking it back in if anything broke. I doubt it would take over an ahour to just remove it.

Consistent 2.3 60' time, consistent violent wheelhop.

Filter, bypass valve, and motor mount upgraded....

Best time and mph: 14.4 @ 100 mph

Pretty much on par with what it supposed to run.:shrug:

nice run for near stock

trap and 60's so a lower 14 sec run. my truck(xrunner), runs in 14.6@94, with a 2.0 60.

i want to run a speed3 one of these days. on a "closed" course, of course!!

Back