• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Radio, dome light, remote mirrors, and wireless remote not working

lionheartsails

New CEG'er
I have a 99 Mystique. After I replaced the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor the first time I started the car the radio, dome light, remote mirrors, and wireless remote stopped working. Additionally I have a noise (clank) from the gear shift when applying the brakes and I am able to remove the key regardless of gear selector position (ie. while in drive).

I have have physically check all the fuses with a meter Power in the Power Distribution Box (under hood) and Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel.

Fuses 29, 31, 33, & 35 have no power on the (+) side of the fuse block (lower bank of passenger compartment fuse panel.

Any Idea? I have looked over previous posts and have found issues with a wiring recall but that appears to be associated with earlier models.

not sure if this is the issue but worth a look anyway
DSC01253.jpg

DSC01251.jpg

I've had similar issues and have just unplugged and replugged it .Also worth mentioning is for whatever reason I've had radio and alarm issues related to my ABS fuse

Back