• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

R1 conepts brakes, part #'s

getsum111

Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years too late.
Hello all, posting this to hopefully help someone else avoid my troubles. I ordered a rotor/pad combo from them on E-bay. Doing my homework, I found I have the E1 brake pads (per BAT), which is supposed to be the same pad as the cougar. So to avoid confusion (yeah, right), I ordered the combo for a cougar V-6, specifying the 278mm rotors.

WHen filling out the checkout form, I foolishly put down 99 Ford Contour SVT in the info box. So that's the pads they sent me, which were for an E0. Called them, they sent me new pads, but they were the same pads, only with a sensor attached. :mad:

Just got off the phone with a Stephen from R1. He's been great. We found the pads I need, and he's even overnighting them so I can get them on before vacation. So if anyone orders from R1 Concepts, here's the skinny:

E0 pads have part # 106.762
E0 pads with sensor have part # 106.7621.
Don't have a part # yet for the E1 pads, but will post it up when they arrive. Hopefully this may help out anyone who orders from them in the future (if they search:laugh:) But the price was great, and the rotors look likie quality parts. Customer service was fantastic, they took a hit of $90 just to get me what I needed in time. Nice to see that in the internet age.:cool:

Back