• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Question

CSVTturbo

CEG'er
Could I get 14psi off this kit if I change the spring out? Also by doing that would I be able to make 425hp-500hp? I would appreciate the help. Thanks to all. :confused: :confused:

14 psi on what turbo, what motor, and what turbo kit? (Im assuming the Nautilus kit?)

10 psi made 280 whp (~340 crank hp) on a 2.5L with the intercooled Nautilus kit with their T3/T4 turbo. If your running a stock 2.5L, nobody has ventured into anything above 10 psi. For good reason obviously. See piston durability thread stickied in the FAQs.

Could I get 14psi off this kit if I change the spring out? Also by doing that would I be able to make 425hp-500hp? I would appreciate the help. Thanks to all. :confused: :confused:

Yes you could, but the question really would be for how long. Being able to reliably run more boost is never as simple as just changing a spring.

my old Merkur XR4Ti ran 15psi of boost stock. I added an intercooler and safely ran 20 and occasionally 22psi. One time my wastegate actuator line came unhooked and I was running 30+ psi for about 2 seconds. I had to put in a new headgasket; and this was on an engine designed from the outset to be turbocharged . . .

Boosting a 3.0L hybrid is a big NO NO! Putting the 2.5L heads on a 3.0L block raises the compression to 11.2:1 which is not boost friendly. I wouldnt put any boost to that motor unless you want a engine meltdown.

:confused: :D :D:D

I think he is referring to a 3L Escape/Pistons with SVT upper/lowers.

It would be the same setup that Tom(Warmonger) made in this car..

I think he is referring to a 3L Escape/Pistons with SVT upper/lowers.

It would be the same setup that Tom(Warmonger) made in this car..

So oval port heads with SVT intakes? If thats the case, then thats fine. But generally, the term 'hybrid' is the one we all know about thats great for N/A.

So oval port heads with SVT intakes? If thats the case, then thats fine. But generally, the term 'hybrid' is the one we all know about thats great for N/A.

The term "hybrid" is being tossed around rather loosely here lately. :rolleyes: Just because there is a mixture of parts from two different engines, does not make it a hybrid. 3L block + 2.5L heads = hybrid. 3L block + 3L heads + 2.5L intake = 3L with 2.5L intakes.

Mark

Why don't people say full hybrid (3L block + SVT heads, cams, UIM, LIM), partial hybrid (3L block and heads + SVT cams, LIM, and UIM) or non-hybrid (3L block, heads, cams, intake manifolds) swap. This would make it a lot easier to differentiate? Personally I feel if the swap uses a noticeable amount of parts from each motor then it should be considered a hybrid.

Why don't people say full hybrid (3L block + SVT heads, cams, UIM, LIM), partial hybrid (3L block and heads + SVT cams, LIM, and UIM) or non-hybrid (3L block, heads, cams, intake manifolds) swap. This would make it a lot easier to differentiate? Personally I feel if the swap uses a noticeable amount of parts from each motor then it should be considered a hybrid.

I think mainly because 'hybrid' is how its been for the last 4+ years now. Your method is a good suggestion, but even then, people will become lazy and leave off the 'full', 'partial', or 'non' from hybrid and we'll have no idea what level of hybrid their talking about. Not to mention, the level that constitutes a hybrid is really ambigious. What if I just have 3.0L cams in my 2.5L? Is that a 3.0L hybrid? A 2.5L hybrid? Its just too confusing. Everyones version of a hybrid differs. Consequently, a hybrid is a 3.0L with 2.5L heads.

I don't think YOU caused the confusion.. I (like many people on here) have been tossing the term "hybrid" around fairly loosely, and that is most likely where the ball started rolling down hill.

Hybrid = 3L short block + 2.5L heads. period ;) It's been that way for about what, 6 years now.

Swapping manifold setups does not make the "engine" a hybrid setup. Otherwise adding headers would be what, an exhaust expulsion efficiency hybrid perhaps. =P

I've coined the term 3L ovalport-hybrid to differentiate and ovalport longblock ported to accept Split port cams and intakes, either SVT or SE.
So a and SVT 3L ovalport hybrid is just that, etc.

A full ovalport is just that, and an ovalport with SVT or SE cams is well, an ovalport with SVT/SE cams. :D

I've coined the term 3L ovalport-hybrid to differentiate and ovalport longblock ported to accept Split port cams and intakes, either SVT or SE.
So a and SVT 3L ovalport hybrid is just that, etc.

A full ovalport is just that, and an ovalport with SVT or SE cams is well, an ovalport with SVT/SE cams. :D

So back to the hybrid vs COP thread...we were talking about an actual hybrid and not an 'oval port hybrid' correct?

Back