• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

question about boost

10 psi on what turbo? Boost is really irrelevant.

T-28...yes.

GT-47...absolutely not.

A stock bottom end 3.0L has been shown to make over 400 whp.

Last edited:
Since were on the topic of GT-47s, here's Injected Performance's 4.3L 350Z with a GT-47 @ 26 psi. Im still waiting for Harold to blow this motor up so the 350Z community knows the integrity of their stroker. :laugh:

n12917709_34417595_442.jpg

FWIW, twin GT-47's made 2589 whp @ 52 psi on a 3.6L 350Z. ;)

How much nitrous did it take to spool the turbos and make that number? It's hard to believe 1.8 liters spooling those snails before redline without some help.

Oh well the extra 6,000 rpms would make a difference. I'm still going to be nitrous was used in some way. What happened to Harolds SC?

How much boost will a stock motor handle, can I safely run 10lbs?

There's a ton of info in the Forced Induction FAQs

FAQ at top of section said:
How much boost can I run?
Your question is really not how much boost can I run, but how much power can I make safely. Every turbo is different and every motor is different. 10 pounds of a boost on a small T-28 turbo is no where close to 10 pounds of boost on a GT-47 turbo. Likewise, 10 psi on a stock 2.5L is different than 10 psi on a highly modified 2.5L. To answer your question, a stock bottom end 2.5L has been shown to make 300 whp and 415 whp on a stock bottom end 3.0L. See question below this one for a more in depth explanation regarding boost between turbochargers.

Back