• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

premium sound system wiring with cut wires

davesvt98

CEG'er
The speaker wire harness had been cut off by the previous owner. I took out the old deck, and wired up the new one, but I get no sound. I have been reading and it looks like the factory amp powers the speakers. Where do I wire this to? Keep in mind the plug is missing, and all I have are 9 wires, 8 for the speakers and 1 for the amp, I assume.

The speaker wire harness had been cut off by the previous owner. I took out the old deck, and wired up the new one, but I get no sound. I have been reading and it looks like the factory amp powers the speakers. Where do I wire this to? Keep in mind the plug is missing, and all I have are 9 wires, 8 for the speakers and 1 for the amp, I assume.

get the amp bypass wiring kit and wire that to the radio harness and you will be good to go, don't use the factory amp it is not worth it

I'm not sure what your asking, You want to use the factory amp? or do you want to Bypass it? what kind of radio are you putting in? factory or aftermarket?

Back