• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre-snow meet

Nope, try again. :laugh:

The SVT is a garage queen. :eek: You don't want to know how miles I've put on it this year. Plus I refuse to bring it to MillersvilleU and let it sit in the parking lot.

The SE is my clean DD, my trusty steed of sorts. :cool:

Nope, try again. :laugh:

The SVT is a garage queen. :eek: You don't want to know how miles I've put on it this year. Plus I refuse to bring it to MillersvilleU and let it sit in the parking lot.

The SE is my clean DD, my trusty steed of sorts. :cool:

I have 1,800 miles on the svt this year... 1,087 since the brand new suspension went on (springs/struts/welded subframe/brand new aussie bar/ camber-caster plates/ new endlinks)... YAY for being emissions exempt!

I fully expect that if the weather is nice you will bring the svt.

Ive got everyone beat. My csvt only had 280miles put on it since 6/07. But thats only because it was out of commision and im bringing it back to life. And then it will be my dd, since my f150 only gets 13 to 14 mpg. Actually once its done it will probly go for sale right away so that i can get back into a mitsu.

Make yourself a set of MIL eliminators and be done with it. You aren't going to get rid of that code and have it stay away unless you spend some money on new(er) stock pre-cats.
QUOTE]

The pre-cats on the car only have 28k on them. Mil eliminators are prob in my future along with hollowing out the cats and getting a custom exhaust made. Just need to get it to pass emmissions this one time then it will be exempt in all future years.

On a side note i put in platnum burners and mesh grilles in the front end this weekend and ordered a power steering rack and new shift cable ends so it should be driveable and ready for inspection this weekend if anyone has figured a date for a meet.

28k, then it's a false code, the Contour was pretty much famous for the 420/430 codes. MIL eliminators are where it's at. Done.
Sounds like you are making good progress. :)

I drove the hell out of my SVT this year... a whopping 3,871 miles. :)
2,260 miles since the trans upgrades were done. Twice to Michigan twice this year.
Still emission exempt but more miles than in previous years. I guess it's not so bad, I bought the car on 3 March 04 with close to 80k and now have 100,329 on it. 20,329 miles in five and a half years, not bad.

Chances are good that I won't make this meet. Ken is pretty much working every weekend in Nov.

Back