• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

po1744 code

NR92

CEG'er
i dont know why i didnt post this over here when i posted on neco, anway i just got a 99 atx 2.5 cougar that needed a flywheel so i pulled the engine out and put a new flywheel in it only to find out that the torque converter was throwing a code, i have access to a parts tranny from my 01 that should work fine, i figure i will swap out the torque converter and torque converter solenoid and my question is... is there a way to swap out the solenoid without pulling the the trans out of the car and just the engine?

Replace the valve body along with the torque converter and solenoid pack.

The valve body and solenoid can be replaced in-vehicle in a Contour. Of course, the engine or transmission has to be pulled to get to the converter.

ok i have been looking to figure out if they can be, now last night i got around to tearing into the car when i disconnected the harness from the solenoid pack only to find some oily stuff in the plug i would guess that this issue is very likely to cause my issue and with any luck i may not have to replace the before noted parts

about the fluid i found in the plug, it doesnt smell of look like trans fluid it doesnt even have a hint of red to it even after holding it up to the light, it does look and smell like dirty engine oil but have no clue how it would have gotten in there
IMG_0199.jpg

Back