• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PATS LED color...

PHilly

Hard-core CEG'er
I searched a bit, but no luck. I'm sure someone has replaced the red led with another color right? I'm wondering what one to get from RadioShack? I know what color, I want to match it up so it doesn't draw any more or less power than the stock one. :help:

well I didn't change it but I added one. I got a surface mount led from radioshack that had a build in resistor. wired it to the harness and it was good to go and works as it should. so if you go that route you can get what ever color they have.

Cool, thanks alot. Where did you add one?

I put a clock in my car and it didn't have the pats led. so I added it to the spot where it would have been.

fyi a clock with the pats led has it built into the clock.

DSC01519.JPG

I searched a bit, but no luck. I'm sure someone has replaced the red led with another color right? I'm wondering what one to get from RadioShack? I know what color, I want to match it up so it doesn't draw any more or less power than the stock one. :help:

I swapped mine out for a blue one, first thing I ever did to the car... reused the stock resistor and all... still bright as hell... probably b/c the stock red one is hazed and this one has a clear housing... it's blue FYI.... you can check it out when I work on your car...

Back