• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Passenger Front Window Not Going Down

N2EAL

New CEG'er
I had a problem where the window would not go down.
I took the door apart, tapped the motor and it worked for a few days.
Now its doing it again.
Any thoughts or ideas?

Gary

can no one help us poor SOBs with our windows???

if its any relevance my thermostat now stays around the "N" instead of around the "M" and my one highbeam went out all at the same time.

I am assuming this is for power windows.

Check any fuses. My pass. front power window has broken twice. I've had to replace the whole window regulator assembly. When mine broke, I heard a loud pop. It was the sound of plastic breaking. After taking off the door panel and the lining, check to see if any plastic around both ends of the 2 black rubber parts and around the springs has broken. If that's the case, you will need to replace the whole window regulator assembly.

If you don't see anything broken, then maybe it's the motor.

ce_1.JPG

This is the driver front window regulator assembly. It's just to get an idea.

Last edited:
umm, can you tell me what fuses i should be checking?
The power windows fuse (located under steering wheel fuse panel) is orange with a 40 amp rating according to the manual, but since your other windows work fine then that's probably not it.

Last edited:
wow tony you come through again, now im not sure if its the switch or the motor or fuse or what! Ill have to wait till the weekend before i can be able to get some time to look at it more.

Back