• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Parts sources

kcobra

Veteran CEG'er
I have a pretty bad clunk in my svt's rear suspension with a full koni kit. We have looked at every bushing in the rear suspension and have narrowed it down to the upper strut mounts. Rock auto has the mevotechs for around 30 and I also found this place....

http://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/f...1424021.html?prodSlot=Product+Listings+Page:1

I have never heard of them but since they accept paypal am I safe if this place is trying to screw me?

I've seen them online for quite some time...... I never realized how cheap they are, they always show up near the top of search results when I am looking for some REALLY obscure stuff, even though they don't usually have it....

That price seems almost too good to be true.... But, like I said, they have been around for a while, so that is a good sign.

I have a pretty bad clunk in my svt's rear suspension with a full koni kit. We have looked at every bushing in the rear suspension and have narrowed it down to the upper strut mounts. Rock auto has the mevotechs for around 30 and I also found this place....

http://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/f...1424021.html?prodSlot=Product+Listings+Page:1

I have never heard of them but since they accept paypal am I safe if this place is trying to screw me?
I bough all 4 strut mounts from them for like under $60.00 :cool: I haven't installed tho ,waiting on my bat kit.

get them at advanced auto and use the coupon codes that are in the thread on this site, if you can't find it I will find it for ya. the thread was titled good deal going on at advanced auto.

Or check out carpart.com and look for mounts there. I got all 4 Gabriels for $56 shipped. I can't report on Gabriels quality as I just installed them.
Erick --

use the code "big35" at advanced online, 2 rear monroe strut mounts with the discount come out to 55 bucks.

Did you cut the bump stop when you installed the koni kit? Just checking, cause if you didn't, that very well could be you clunk.

Back