• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PART OUT/SALE 1998 silfro/mnb leather Contour SE

SkullV

Veteran CEG'er
Friend of mine blew the motor on their SE and they had nowhere to store it so they let me take it off their hands.

The car is a Silfro/MNB leather in really good shape both inside and out except that the rockers are rusted out on both sides.

The car is for sale for $500 for the next 2 weeks and after that I'll be parting it out. Power everything works, great condition leather seats, warp free dash, good tires. I would also be willing to trade the whole thing for a prepped 3L to drop in my car. Clean Indiana Title!

Let me know what you want off of it or if you want the whole car. I'll get up some pics tomorrow when it is light out.

EDIT: I am not 100% sure if this is an LX or SE. It does not have the "SE" side skirts...

Last edited by a moderator:
2.5 Duratec. Structural from the outside the engine is sound. There is no telling what is going on on the inside though. There is a pretty bad rod knock, that's all I know so far from the 15 minutes I have spent with the car.

Some Pics. It is definitely an SE. The title is in the mail to me right now so if you want the car whole for $500 I'll have the clean Indiana title by mid next week. Otherwise the part out will begin a week from Monday.

Other then the rockers the body is a 7.5/10
Headlights have all their tabs
Grille has all its tabs
Rear reflector is mint
All doors 9.5/10
All glass 100%
Great Wheels/Tires
Functional Power Everything
Dash is perfect
No rips in the leather
Tail lights good

IMG00024-20100204-1459.jpg

IMG00025-20100204-1500.jpg

IMG00026-20100204-1500.jpg

IMG00027-20100204-1500.jpg

IMG00028-20100204-1501.jpg

IMG00030-20100204-1501.jpg

reargood.jpg
IMG00031-20100204-1502.jpg

If you're going to part it out to be disabled, I'd be interested in the airbag diagnostic unit if it's never been triggered.

I will check on all individual parts for you guys a week from Monday, but as of today I do have a clean Indiana title in hand if anyone wants the whole car. I will accept all reasonable offers!!

Price for the whole car is VERY negotiable. Someone make me a good offer and you will be surprised what I will take!!!

Well not to be off subject but i like those seats better than my mnb svt seats. I wonder why ford changed the seats?:shrug: I think this is the 1st non svt I have ever seen with mnb interior.

Car is getting picked up tomorrow morning. I should have a better condition SVT next week to part out for real. I'll let you all know!

Buyer never showed. Open to offers for the car whole or I'll start parting if people start requesting parts.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back