• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oil pan

OB1

Hard-core CEG'er
I did check the sticky, but might have overlooked the difinitive answer here. I'm working on an 03 Taurus block, From my understanding I'll need an Escape oil pan, but they make an 01-03 & an 03-present pan. Which pickup will I need to use, 2.5, 3L Escape, 3L Taurus? What about updated baffles in the contour pan, will this suffice? Thanks guys for all the help, this is already getting confusing to me, & I'm just getting started.

You want to use a pickup tube from any 2001 and up vehicle (2.5L or 3.0L) except for Taurus/Sable, Lincoln, Jag, or Ford 500. The part number on the tube will begin with YL8E or 4L8E. Do not use one that starts with F63E, F5DE, XW4E, 1F1E, or 5F9E.

Can you tell us which part number are the oil pans that they are referring to by 01-03 and 03+?

the website I was looking at didn't have part #'s. Did a little more searching around & saw this in the sticky
- 3M4Z-6675-BA Upgraded Oil Pan Set
(2 drain back channels and better lower baffles – comes with gasket and hardware)
Does anyone know what is included in this "Kit" ?

That part number is for the pan only which comes with the gasket and bolts. Thats it.

Also that part number is no longer used, its now 5L8Z6675AA, $115.

Yes, use either the 3M4E (3M4Z service #) or 5L8E (5L8Z service #). The only difference between the two is the gasket. The 3M4E has the traditional gasket which sandwiches between the block and pan. The 5L8E has a gasket which presses into a groove in the oil pan similar to a front cover or valve cover gasket.

Back