• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

offset question

No, those brakes are too small for the wheels, send them to me :)

Honestly, i don't see the wilwoods sticking out much, if any farther than a stock caliper..?

+35 offset? Seems a little too aggressive for our cars. I would think they would stick out quite a bit.

I'd be more concerned with the offset than the brake clearance. I know a 17" can clear a 13" BAER kit, so I don't see why a 12" couldn't, but tough to say without knowing the caliper size.

so you think there might be issues with fender clearance? after months of looking for wheels, i finally found a set i like. i really hope they work

it doesn't fully come down to the offset, i mean yes offset matters, but the wheel's design itself can lend into what fits.

And arched wheel such as an RS5 with have better clearance then a Centerline storm because of its design, even if running the same size and offset.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but as mentioned, that offset makes me feel as if you're gunna stick out past the fender.

It's going to be close. I haven't put 17X8 wheels on my car yet. I was going to but started another project first. A little fender massage will be needed with the 38mm offset. I'm not sure how much though.

hey now! i could join the ceg bandwagon and get OZ superleggeras, but everyone and their mom has those. i really dont want to spend 600 bucks and find out these wheels dont work

My mom does not have Superleggeras! :p

I hunt around all the time for different wheels, but it's near impossible to find another wheel as light as the Superleggeras in our lug pattern.

Team racing dynamics makes wheels lighter than the OZ's, and they're in our lug pattern. But what you don't get with the OZ's is a choice of width and offset. Who else makes a 17x8 +38 et wheel in a 4x108 bolt pattern? I really want them!

Team racing dynamics makes wheels lighter than the OZ's, and they're in our lug pattern. But what you don't get with the OZ's is a choice of width and offset. Who else makes a 17x8 +38 et wheel in a 4x108 bolt pattern? I really want them!

Better than a 17" wheel at only 15 lbs? I've used 17" Superleggeras and currently have 18" at 18 lbs. My Centerline Storms were only 15 lbs in 17" size also.

I searched around for Team Racing Dynamics and most of them weigh in more than these.

Back