• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official GB: DSS Level 3.9 Axle/Hub kit, supports 600HP!!

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright guys, I needed it for my build, and you wanted it for yours... Frank at DSS delivers at a stellar price!!

Link to DSS page for kit

Kit will include everything pictured below as well as new studs, which will be standard length. Normal pricing is $1099.99 and with 5 orders we will receive a 15% discount brining the price to $934.99!!

This is one helluva deal considering similar kits sell for $1299.99 for other makes/models.

fd54.jpg

DSS Website said:
We have decided to bring back the Contour/Cougar level 3.9 axles due to a recent demand, this set of axles is designed for 600Whp and are designed with daily drive and drag strip in mind. starting with the DSS Chromoly outer (abs rings included) it has a full spline for more mechanical enhancement along with unmatched strength. To be able to hold the new outer CV'sthe kit comes with a set of custom hubs (same dimensions as stock, it just has a different spline) then we move onto the center bars that are thru hardened 4340 with a full 32 splines, the bars are rolled onto the material making one of the strongest splines on the market. The bars are made with out any internal snap rings or stress risers as to make the part more of a torsion bar design, being able to take the shock factor and twist instead of breaking. We chose to use the Factory inner CV's on this kit as after Quantitive analysis we found the inner to be a material close to a 4140 chromoly with a hint of Vanadium. We have used this type of end before with outstanding results after a special Temper and re-heat treat. Its a complete kit and ready to go from us here at DSS......

To get in on this you will need to email Frank at DSS and tell him you want in on this deal. His email is driveshaftshop AT hotmail.com
Here is the list from the interest check thread. Please mark off your name once you have contacted Frank so that we know you are helping us reach this GB discount.

1. CSVT#49 - Paid and will be receiving first kit, my order will not be included towards 5 people for the GB.

1. 00StealthySVT
2. Morbid
3. BAD SVT
4. Sirmon74
5. Chas (pending time frame)
6. mrspindlelegs

1. 00StealthySVT
2. Morbid
3. BAD SVT
4. Sirmon74
5. Chas (pending time frame) Contacted
6. mrspindlelegs Contacted

Good to see things are moving along. I'll post this over on NECO as well. As there may be some interest.

I posted over on NECO, no one has shown interest yet, but looks like you guys only need 2 more people to get the discount.

1. 00StealthySVT
2. Morbid
3. BAD SVT - Contacted
4. Sirmon74
5. Chas (pending time frame) - Contacted
6. mrspindlelegs - Contacted

How is frank accepting payment....paypal, card over the phone, etc?

Can the CV boots be colored like the previous picture? Can we pay extra if colors are not standard?

How is frank accepting payment....paypal, card over the phone, etc?

Can the CV boots be colored like the previous picture? Can we pay extra if colors are not standard?

I paid for mine via paypal. Once he has your email he will send you a payment request via Paypal. As for the colors, I'm not sure. You can ask Frank to see if that would be an option and let us know. I guess I'm fine with black personally. I'd rather not have too many different shades of blue on my car. Black is a nice universal color that goes with anything.

Did u get the discount on urs?

Yea I got a discount as well. The kit pictured is the one that he is sending me.

Alright well with the list below (maybe some more people have contacted him) Frank at DSS has contacted me to told let me know that he has received enough people that everyone will get the discount. He told me to let everyone know that they are working on the orders, but because the hubs are custom machined it will be 6 weeks before he can get the machining time with their shop to make the hubs.

1. 00StealthySVT
2. Morbid
3. BAD SVT - Contacted
4. Sirmon74 - Contacted

For those of us that will try installing them ourselves, can you post a semi-detailed how-to when you install them?

For those of us that will try installing them ourselves, can you post a semi-detailed how-to when you install them?

I can, but it won't be for a while. I won't have a transmission after next week.

Installation should be pretty simple.. well somewhat anyway. Here is what needs to be completed, just off the top of my head anyway. This by no means is intended as a full installation guide, but more as a reference to install this kit.

-Disconnect battery
-remove transmission fill and drain plugs, Drain transmission fluid
-reinstall drain plug
-lift and sufficiently support your car
-remove front wheels
-remove axle nut from CV shaft
-unbolt sway front sway bar end links
-unbolt outer tie rod ends from knuckles
-unbolt strut from knuckle
-unbolt retaining bolt for ball joint
-remove knuckle from car
-using a CV shaft puller, remove CV shafts
-press hub from knuckle, Note: you will need a decent hyd. press for this or have a auto repair shop press them out for you, if you/they are careful you should not have to replace your wheel bearings, however that said if your wheel bearings have many miles on them... now would be the time to replace them
-press new DSS hub into knuckle
-install new DSS axles into transmission
-align ball joint into knuckle and drop down over ball joint
-reinstall ball joint retaining bolt
-align DSS axle into knuckle/hub assembly and engage into assembly
-align strut into knuckle and bolt strut into knuckle
-reinstall outer tie rod
-reinstall sway bar end link
-reinstall axle nut to pull CV spline into hub, do not fully torque
-place DSS wheel studs into hub, and install lug nuts
-ensure lug nuts pull wheel stud all the way into the hub engaging all of the stud knurling
-remove lug nuts
-reinstall wheels w/lug nuts
-place car on the ground
-torque axle nuts and lug nuts accordingly
-fill transmission with oil, and reinstall fill plug.
-reconnect battery
-enjoy your new DSS 600hp axle/hub kit

Im in and have contacted Frank, with no response yet.

1. 00StealthySVT
2. Morbid
3. BAD SVT - Contacted
4. Sirmon74 - Contacted
7. ArtSvt

1. 00StealthySVT
2. Morbid
3. BAD SVT - Contacted
4. Sirmon74 - Contacted
7. ArtSvt - Contacted

For those interested Frank can offer blue, green or black outer boots. Inner boots will be black only.

. 00StealthySVT Contacted
2. Morbid
3. BAD SVT - Contacted
4. Sirmon74 - Contacted
7. ArtSvt - Contacted

never could remember to say i contacted haha

I finally emailed him... waiting for his reply. A little late, but I just wanted to make sure I could get this kit and also have funds to get my car running.

Updated... heard back from Frank, so...

1. 00StealthySVT - Contacted
2. morbid - Contacted
3. BAD SVT - Contacted
4. Sirmon74 - Contacted
7. ArtSvt - Contacted

Back