• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Norfolk VA Area Jobs

Tex

Hard-core CEG'er
Against my better judgment, I'm considering moving to the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area before it's too late to leave where I'm at currently. Before any of that can happen, I of course need to secure a job.

I'm looking for any suggestions of larger companies with engineering divisions. So far my prospecting list contains Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Oceaneering, Navy civillian positions, Aerotek, General Dynamics, Raytheon, and Sumitomo Drive Technologies.

My experience is primarily in facilities engineering/management in large buildings with extensive conveyor systems and project management (buildings, paving, repairs, etc.), but I have a mechanical engineering degree with exposure to component/machine design and manufacturing.

What other places should I be looking? :help:

Are you enlisted/reserves/retired/civillian? The reason I ask is because with your nice list, maybe you could become a civillian contractor or maybe work on a military base somewhere. I'd say come to Dover,DE...but there's really nothing all that great here:laugh: Other than UPS, but hey, it's a nice job.

I do know there is a nice Naval Base at Norfolk. I went there for a weekend ROTC field trip. Look into there possibly?

Against my better judgment, I'm considering moving to the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area before it's too late to leave where I'm at currently. Before any of that can happen, I of course need to secure a job.

I'm looking for any suggestions of larger companies with engineering divisions. So far my prospecting list contains Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Oceaneering, Navy civillian positions, Aerotek, General Dynamics, Raytheon, and Sumitomo Drive Technologies.

My experience is primarily in facilities engineering/management in large buildings with extensive conveyor systems and project management (buildings, paving, repairs, etc.), but I have a mechanical engineering degree with exposure to component/machine design and manufacturing.

What other places should I be looking? :help:

I think you've basically hit all of them. You can also try USAJOBS.com and look at any openings at the military bases around here, but the application is a PITA! Free up at least an hour of your time and I believe you need to send transcripts (at least i did for the position I applied for). There are also a few A/E company around here that do alot of engineering. I'll look it up and get back to you.

EDIT: Here's a couple
http://www.clarknexsen.com/
http://www.aecom.com/

Browse through http://architectsusa.com/search/VA05.htm and u may get lucky. Look for the large firms with engineering depts.

Good luck.

Are you enlisted/reserves/retired/civillian? The reason I ask is because with your nice list, maybe you could become a civillian contractor or maybe work on a military base somewhere. I'd say come to Dover,DE...but there's really nothing all that great here:laugh: Other than UPS, but hey, it's a nice job.

I do know there is a nice Naval Base at Norfolk. I went there for a weekend ROTC field trip. Look into there possibly?

100% Civilian. And as you know, I'm a supervisor at UPS and I've recently been moved to operations, hence why I want to go somewhere else. :blackeye:

100% Civilian. And as you know, I'm a supervisor at UPS and I've recently been moved to operations, hence why I want to go somewhere else. :blackeye:

Yeah, i know that. I've had two or three opprotunities to transfer over to Management positions and I've turned them all down.

I talked to my father and he said (like LilCe), check USAJobs.com. Maybe look ino Langley Air Force Base. They are the home to F-15s and a lot of Lockheed Martin's designs.

How's the job hunt going Tex?

Lol. I'm still a Twilight Sort Air Dock Supervisor at UPS at the moment currently serving my "sentence" as I like to call it on the operations side. I did apply to a few in VA, but I need to focus on it again this weekend after I get caught up on my grad classes.

Back