• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nitrous Question

tropictour

CEG'er
I am planning to install a Zex dry kit and will be running a 75 shot, and 100 later on. I have a 19k mile 3L going in over the winter so I am wondering about my fuel system. What injector size should I go for? I am picking up a 65mm TB and 75mm MAF from Harry so the MAF will be programmed for whatever injector I go with. I am also going to upgrade to an SVT Focus pump. All help is appreciated.
-tropictour

I hope you're not thinking you can use a "recralibrated" MAF to compensate for running different fuel injectors. To do it right, you need to input the maf curve from Pro-M or whoever made the MAF into the tune. Then you have to change the injector settings in the tune as well. Otherwise you're screwing with the load calculations and everything.

Tuning with a MAF is a HACK way of doing things. If you plan to run an aftermarket MAF with different injectors than stock plan to have it properly tuned for the combination.

Y2KSVT put Cobra Terminator 42# injectors in my car for his dry nitrous kit. Probably a bit overkill.

I hope you're not thinking you can use a "recralibrated" MAF to compensate for running different fuel injectors. To do it right, you need to input the maf curve from Pro-M or whoever made the MAF into the tune. Then you have to change the injector settings in the tune as well. Otherwise you're screwing with the load calculations and everything.

Tuning with a MAF is a HACK way of doing things. If you plan to run an aftermarket MAF with different injectors than stock plan to have it properly tuned for the combination.

Well yeah, I plan on running an SCT-3 with a few different tunes. Any others experienced with running nitrous on a Contour?
-tropictour

I ran a NX wet kit up to a 125 shot on my 2.5L with no problems with puddling. Running the wet kit allowed me to use my stock injectors.

What sizes are available is where I would start my thinking and planning.

19lbs stockers,
24lbs from most 3L
39lbs Cobras (forgot what years)
42lbs Terminators

Those are the stock availability from ford that I am aware of....there may be more, but I would think these are the easiest to find at a reasonable cost.

FWIW, I am running the 39lbs in my 2000 SVT. I didn't have to mess with the injector connectors for these to drop right in.

You could max out the duty cycle on a 24Lb. in a 3L on the bottle. Do the math, but you're either going to end up with the 30 or 39. For the additional $60 I'd opt for the 39Lb. and not worry at all about limits.

Back