• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nite Shade Application

jmcgee2000svt

CEG'er
I want to do my tails and reflector with a light coat of nite shades.

Do I need to lightly sand them off or just clean them with glass cleaner and I was wondering if anyone has had issues with it chipping off? Whats the best route to go?

sand it off first so all the dirt can come off. Then apply on layer off nite shade. Wet Sand it, then let dry, after that spray another layer of nite shade. Then clear coat. I don't know if that's the right step and that's how I usually do mine.

sand it off first so all the dirt can come off. Then apply on layer off nite shade. Wet Sand it, then let dry, after that spray another layer of nite shade. Then clear coat. I don't know if that's the right step and that's how I usually do mine.

Get a high grit sand paper. Remember you don't wants lines and groves from tough grit sand paper showing after you paint it. It will look like poooo.

I have had good results just cleaning the surface and spraying a whole bunch of very light coats.

I got impatient once and sprayed it when it was humid out and the lights came out really foggy.

I have never really needed clear on a well tinted light.

How much is Nite Shade cost for most of you? I know that they're about $12 here in CA. I usually use some "Smoke Spray" is a can from japan, cost about $20 and when it dries up, it have a finished clear coat. So no need to clear it unless you don't want it to fade.

Is it worth using? I have seen other guys say they use vinyl on back, but I just wanted nice light tint just so they look smoked.

I dont want black black where you cant see, I just want it to look nice and blended with my black car. Nice and clean.

I didn't sand my lights at all. I cleaned them very good and wiped them off with a no lint cloth and then applied the night shade. Came out looking great and has been on the lights for over a year and not faded.

i did sand mine just to remove the imperfections and lettering/logos. Then I used the 96 cent can of gloss black from Walmart. sprayed in light coats, then cleared. BOOM!!!! Tinted tails for less than a can of the Nightshades!!

Back