• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New over here... checking interest in custom HID Retrofit Projector Headlights

Yukes HID Retrofits

New CEG'er
Hello everybody

A contour member over on svtperformance pointed me over here. I make custom HID Projector Retrofit Headlights, primarily for mustangs but I just wanted to check in with you guys and see if this is something you would like and I could help provide you with.

Check out my facebook page and "like it" for some examples of my work.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yukes-HID-Retrofits/325201874180358

Let me know if this is something the contour world might be interested in.

Thanks,
Chris

examples of my work

94-98 mustang all chrome clear lenses
sn95-4.jpg

99-04 mustang all blacked out, smoked lenses
Resampled_2012-01-30_22-15-43_468.jpg

What's the price looking like on these? PM me, I'd like to get a non halo set.

I will put together an actual price over the weekend, need to do some research on the lights for your cars.

After a quick look, contour light housings for about $200, so a set including new lights will be somewhere in the $800 range after parts and labor. My complete mustang lights go for about 700 but the housings only cost $100 less. That price would be for a single projector in your headlights. A quad retrofit would be more

Prices are high, but the parts are expensive and the work is detailed and quality

What kind of projectors are you using? And will I be able to use the HIDs I currently have?

Morimoto projectors, I could make it a little cheaper if you reuse your current ballasts, everything else would need to be replaced

output shot on the mustang

Resampled_2012-01-07_17-43-10_483.jpg

Oh man.. I'd love to get the blacked out ones without the smoked cover. I'm just not sure if I could get these while trying to get my car back on the road.

I'd be interested it might be awhile before I have that type of money. What would you do for people that could supply a set of headlights? Also what kind of price would quads be? and where are you located, just wondering depending on where you are if lights would have to be sent or if they could be dropped off and picked up. Another question if we had a large group make a good size order would you give us any type of group rate.

This is something that I believe you will get a lot of interest on but when it comes time to pay up people are going to want to wait and see the final product before putting up a decent chunk of money. I'm sure your products are top notch from what ive looked into so far but when it comes to our cars we are very cautious on buys like this, especially because our cars are worth like a few grand and we'd be spending close to a grand on just headlights. Appreciate the offer and hopefully we can get some people behind this, it would be nice to have an actual dealer for projector headlights on our cars.

you should offer a price for people who have headlights already(i just bought a new set 3 weeks ago) and hid ballasts already

i'd be in. if i send you a set of good headlights to use, and blacked out lmk a price.

you should offer a price for people who have headlights already(i just bought a new set 3 weeks ago) and hid ballasts already

^^^this.

Many of us already have brand new headlights and HIDs. maybe you could come up with some kind of pricing that would allow us to save money and use our current set-ups. I'm sure no one is going to want to pay for something they already have :)

Also, like stated above were going to need some kind of a final product. its cool to see your other work but it would be nice to see it in our platform so we know what we would be getting/paying for, especially when you're talking about spending $800. It'd be a little different if it was $20 but 800 bones is way too big of a gamble.

For anyone supplying lights it would be $600 for a complete kit...

Could definitely look into group buy pricing... say 10 orders?

Willing to drop pricing $25 off first set so everybody else can see what I can do...

Since you guys run separate highs and lows, the projector would be in the low beam side, I will look into contour wiring this weekend and see if I can do anything about that

Thanks!

Any chance on getting a set made with TSX or S2000 projectors from you?

Hello everybody

A contour member over on svtperformance pointed me over here. I make custom HID Projector Retrofit Headlights, primarily for mustangs but I just wanted to check in with you guys and see if this is something you would like and I could help provide you with.

Check out my facebook page and "like it" for some examples of my work.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yukes-HID-Retrofits/325201874180358

Let me know if this is something the contour world might be interested in.

Thanks,
Chris

Glad to see you make it over here.

Back