• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need tires: Thoughts on Kumho Ecsta ASX?

I have the spt's and i like them so far, granted i dont have much of a winter here i cant comment on that too much.

just got them mounted on the car and after 2 days, i have to say they are an improvement over the Michelins. For the record, I has Michelin Energy SV tires, not Pilot Sports.

The Kumhos seem to stick really well to the pavement in dry conditions. Road noise is less than the Michelins, but oddly i can *feel* the road more closely. The tires don't seem to absorb impact as well, which i actually like. i feel a bit more connected through the wheel and the pedals to what the pavement is acting like below me.

Supposed to get some rain this weekend to test them in the wet.

So far, pretty happy for $65 tires!

just got them mounted on the car and after 2 days, i have to say they are an improvement over the Michelins. For the record, I has Michelin Energy SV tires, not Pilot Sports.

The Kumhos seem to stick really well to the pavement in dry conditions. Road noise is less than the Michelins, but oddly i can *feel* the road more closely. The tires don't seem to absorb impact as well, which i actually like. i feel a bit more connected through the wheel and the pedals to what the pavement is acting like below me.

Supposed to get some rain this weekend to test them in the wet.

So far, pretty happy for $65 tires!
Which Kumho did you finally decide on?

Back