• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need junkyard help!

Reebs

meester super sleuth
Anyone see any '03 - '06 Saab 9-3's in any junkyards lately? Preferably black! Doesn't have to be a Vector or Aero, can be plain jane as well for the buttload of stuff I need. This is the bodystyle I need...

SaabVector014.jpg

SaabVector031.jpg

I don't even know the good junkyards to call because I never go to any as I have my own junkyard. It sucks needing parts and not having them in your garage for a change! Dang GM crap.

Any help is appreciated. I'll drive FAR too so hit me up if you know of one anywhere!

Thanks,

Jeff

I'll call a few local ones for ya either today or this weekend jeff.

Thanks, that would be great. So dang hard to find these 9-3's in junkyards because they are still fairly new.

You never did tell us what happened to the car. Some sort of fire?

Exactly. The wife and I went out of town over Labor day weekend and left the Saab parked outside. Tuesday we took it out to run some errands and started smelling something funny but didn't think much of it as we couldn't smell it once we rolled up the windows. I thought it was the old beatup redneck truck next to us. :) Ended up parking it and running into our Credit Union still not realizing that a fire was starting under the hood and someone came in yelling that a black car was on fire in the parking lot and to call 911. It clicked in my head immediantly that it had to be her car and sure enough it was on fire with a small crowd around it. I grabbed everything I could out of it (personal belongings and stuff) while some guys kept the fire down the best possible with two large fire extinguishers (sp?). The fire department had to put it out for good with the monster truck. They actually arrived super fast so Kudos to Royal Oak FD! The cause of the fire was a dang squirrel that built a huge next of dead grass, dry leaves and other things packed tight all around the turbo. The good news is our insurance is awesome and I got back a good chunk more than we paid for the car even after they took off the deductible and the $1,300 for me to keep the car. So I now have more money in pocket and a slightly cooked Saab. It is funny how terrible the insurance adjusters can be as they total out a $15,000 valued car without even getting an estimate from Saab, etc... For the dealership to fix it, they estimate $1,000 to $3,000. The other good news is that her car is still under warrenty and the whole thing might be covered as the way I timed it all, there was no communication between the dealership and my insurance to fight over who pays it. I have the check in my bank and a car that is under warrenty so things are looking good. I am just covering my bases as I would need to find a parts car asap if they deny some or all of the repairs. Damage isn't too bad. The only body part that needs to be replaced/painted is the hood. Then a few fuel lines, a/c lines, air filter box, rest of the intake assembly, part of the wiring harness, under hood and firewall liners, etc... The car is at the dealership right now determining what they will cover. I am hoping I get to keep all of the money and the car but worst case senerio I will need to use the extra money they paid me for the car to repair it myself and we'll still have a free car. :) Since I didn't have a loan on the car, they know I didn't "have" to have comp for fire (even though I did), so they didn't even bother contacting my insurance to fight it out. They assumed I didn't have coverage as I was bringing the car them as most people don't buy back their cars. Us CEG'ers do, but most people don't even ask to buy it back. I have a warrenty so they should be forced to fix it under that whether or not I had comp though. I dont' have many good pics but I'll post them up soon.

car-part.com:shrug:

Thanks. I'll check it out. I need so many little things though so a parts car or one in a junkyard would be ideal to pick apart.

Last edited:
that sucks!!! It seems you have everything under control. Smart man :)

I looked around on ca-parts.com and they aren't showing anything with 300 miles. That doesn't mean they are out there though. :shrug:

reebs im sorry man but i have been so sick the last couple days I haven't really been even able to talk my congestion is so bad. once my voice clears up I will be putting some calls out for ya.

Back