• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need Help in MI

well i dont care much for the turbo anymore since i think i blew a headgasket, i think i'll take bagged up on one of those ported 3l's only if i can get in touch with him, i Pm'd him three times i need a motor!!!!!!!!!!!! anymone has his ##.

And the "i think i blew my headgasket" is because......

Well ill tell you the story if anyone is intreasted.

I work at autozone i decided to make a cold air intake with the cheap crap we have here, and using some parts from my ram air intake, well it was easy a 90degree elbow and a 6 inch stright pipe yeilded my air filter right on top of the transmission under the battery,

for about two months now i been getting the CEL codes p1151, p1518 p0170 and some other ones i dont remember. yesterday i put a fuel filter on thinking thats the reason bank 2 was so lean it fixed alot of issues and the car ran fine for about 30 mintutes or the trip to my job. i parked the car which was running normal ran the OBD and got 2 CEL codes P1151 and p1518. then i started building my custom cold air intake while on the clock.. "we were really slow". i then started the car when i was finished and it fired right up, then it started reving hi like full throttle by itself, i turned the car off becasue it was scary. started it up it did it again, once again i turned it off, checked to see if anything was wrong everything was hooked up fine, i then started it again it ran fine. i went uder the hood and gave it a little gas i it tryed to jump up again but i was stoping it from moving by holding the trottle shut it was pulling so much it almost felt as if the cruise control was trying to open it up, it then stop trying to open and was working normal then a big huge puff of white smoke came out my tail pipes and it was blowing coolant from the tail pipe but the coolant resovior is full.

just four days earlier the car had ran low on coolant and i refilled it and it stayed on max since then, even after the acting up occured, still right now the coolant is full and white smoke comes out the exhaust but it runs fine, it does not over heat no coolant mixed with oil and heat works fine. but it blows white smoke upon accelration and coolant is coming from the exhaust but not bad almost cant tell if its codinsation or the new clear coolant that was put in there.. coolant in the resorvior has not moved an inch..

help or

3L time?

at idle there is no white smoke but if the car is taken o 3000 rpm it smokes not bad but def noticable.

Back