• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

nautilus 3.5L block?

sounds like a good idea. However looking at the two photos that are posted, one I am assuming is stock and one is the bored out block I see at least two things that would concern me. One, some of the water passages have almost been cut into and two, there is no block between the cylinders anymore.

they also were planning a 3.7 and a 4.0 block made in the same manner, by taking a 3.0 block and boring it out further, this might be that one picture, as the jump from 3 to 3.5 is a 3.6mm difference, and if my math is anywhere near correct, that would be a 1.8mm addition on each side, and the image of the 3.0 I found online shows a bit more "meat" between the cylinders than the other picture. The problem here is that the 3.0L is already a bored out version of the 2.5L block, so a 3.7L or 4.0L cut from the 2.5L engineered design could be trouble...

in dream land. this is what we all want. in reality. how many will they sell? it doesnt look like theyll actually finish the 3.7 and 4.0. same as their supercharger kits.

did anyone see the "add a turbo for 600+ stock hp?". haha

I'd have to see some sort of testing on this block before even considering it. As BrApple mentioned above, I have the same concerns, especially if this motor gets boosted. On a positive note, it appears motors come sleeved.

I think it would be difficult for a Rossion/Noble guys to buy this. I know at least one guy making 800 hp on his Noble. Power is plenty abundant with the 3.0L.

thats how i read it also. wondering what they did for the head gaskets. the block i think is available in all sorts of compression ratios. i think its the piston selection that changes this.

to get any more air out of this since the cylinders are already touching they would have to do some kind of stroker kit no?

Back