• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mystique Overflow tank

vic

CEG'er
For all owners of duratec engines with a bad overflow this is what I do with mine. After a deep investigation the Mondeo mk3 has almost the same accesories, but because is a late model there is a lot of improvements in the design of many items, just like the overflow tank. Here in mexico you can find this tank for about 120 or 130 USD but there are huge noticiable differences that worth the trouble for the people living in the states to get one of this. Here are some pics to get clear what Im talking about. The part number that is completely interchangeable with our Mystique or contour and even the cougar is: 1S71-8K218-P1020330 MM..jpgAP1020331 MM..jpgBP1020329 MM..jpg

That's a nice looking part..... makes me want one - I like the black top.

I forgot to tell that the only problem is the coolant level sensor, With this tank I must open the hood to see the level -like almost every normal car-. The good news: this cars needs refill every leap-year.

I saw one for sale on ebay.uk not too long ago. At first I thought someone painted the top like some Ceger's do here, then I noticed thats how it came.. so It looks good buuuut I also noticed that it doesnt have the vent tube next to the fill cap. Some care for it others dont..

The vent tube exist but is located "in" the filler neck. Just take a look to the filler neck and you can see the tube "extruded" on the main plastic injection.

Back