• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My "new" 1999 Silfro CSVT #0762

ConcepTrs913

Veteran CEG'er
I can't explain how happy I am to be in a CSVT again. I used to own a 98 e0 and sold it in 2009. I've been looking for another one ever since that's not beaten and well maintained. Well boys... I've found one! The only thing that I wish it has was the black rear valence, a stock muffler (stock resonator is there so it's quiet and doesn't drone or rasp so I kind of like it more than I did at first) and e0 wheels. She's a clean one. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 20220407_213733~2.jpg
    20220407_213733~2.jpg
    599.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220408_165912.jpg
    20220408_165912.jpg
    843.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220407_220108~2.jpg
    20220407_220108~2.jpg
    834.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220408_083033~2.jpg
    20220408_083033~2.jpg
    833.3 KB · Views: 19
Wow that’s a very nice example! Since the rear valance isn’t black, does the car have a history of a repaint? It’s easy enough to mask it off and rattle can it with some matte black. That recovered steering wheel doesn’t look that nice either. The rest of the car is gorgeous inside and out! Get out there and put some miles on it!

Wow that’s a very nice example! Since the rear valance isn’t black, does the car have a history of a repaint? It’s easy enough to mask it off and rattle can it with some matte black. That recovered steering wheel doesn’t look that nice either. The rest of the car is gorgeous inside and out! Get out there and put some miles on it!
Thanks! No repaint, just preference I think. The steering wheel doesn't look good in pictures, but it's properly done and it's super thick so has a good feel when driving. Appreciate the response it's much quieter in here than it used to be!

I bet the wheel feels nice, I can see how cushy it looks. I managed to track down a mint Cougar wheel to replace my worn out wheel. Also, yes it’s quite dead in here but very full of info. Most members are on Facebook and I don’t use Facebook, so I resort to here

Very Nice , great find

"The only thing that I wish it has was the black rear valence" maybe it's a early production model, and they
were not painted black

My 99 Silver SVT, has the blacked out rear valence, but that doesn't mean they were all done that way.
It could have gotten got damaged coming off the car carrier & the dealer repainted the whole bumper,
it happens more then you think it does.

I’m currently repainting my T-red and while sanding down the bumper, there was red paint under the black paint on the valence. They must have painted the whole bumper red at the factory and then added the black. I’m just going to mask off the valence when I spray my base and then I will just rattle can the valence with some SEM Landau semi gloss black. It’ll look completely factory again. However, I certainly don’t mind the look of the SVT bumper without the black.

I’m also curious what the purchase price was for a super clean looking unit. The average ones that come up for sale in Canada lately seem to be $2-4k CDN in average to beater condition. I bought mine a year ago for $1500 and I am now closing in on about $6k invested by the time the car is painted.

Last edited:
I’m currently repainting my T-red and while sanding down the bumper, there was red paint under the black paint on the valence. They must have painted the whole bumper red at the factory and then added the black. I’m just going to mask off the valence when I spray my base and then I will just rattle can the valence with some SEM Landau semi gloss black. It’ll look completely factory again. However, I certainly don’t mind the look of the SVT bumper without the black.

That's super interesting, but makes sense. I think I'm a fan of the black or body color. The curves look good both ways.

Yeah looks very nice! Interior looks super clean. I can't imagine ever getting rid of mine for the sake that I would immediately regret it. Too much fun to drive.

Do you like the E0 wheels better? I've always preferred the E1's but I think either stock wheel is too small to really pop. I've considered going back to an E1 with bigger sidewall tires to compensate for the harshness of lowering springs. Are you keeping the suspension all stock?

Back