• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Modifying all dash lighting, button lighting, etc. to red?

AGrayson84

CEG'er
Hey everyone, I couldn't really find anything on Google nor in this forum regarding changing out the interior green factory lighting to another color. I found a small thread on here of someone who made their own gauge faces and converted to LED interior lighting, but it wasn't really a how-to, so please excuse me if I missed a good thread on this, and just point me in the right direction.

Anyhow, I'm looking to change all green interior lighting to red and wasn't sure on what kind of bulbs I might need for power window buttons, etc. and if I need different gauge faces to get a different color back-light other than green. Please let me know :)

Thanks,
Andrew

The door switches are a small LED light that is fused to the switch -- not removable. The interior lights are bulbs behind the dash and heater controls etc... but the color is done by the overlay IIRC. CHeck the search on this site and some have changed color with custom overlays under the knobs of the heater controlls. THe dash has been done custom too.

Back