• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MNB interior paint

MadDog

Veteran CEG'er
After reading through a whole lot of posts, I decided to try the SEMs paint Shadow Blue 15043 for touch-ups for my MNB interior. I can confirm that the paint is not close enough of a match. Its too blue, and not enough purple-black.

I tried blending with a little black, but I was unable to get a noticeably better match.

I can only assume SEMs Gloss Shadow Blue 15433 is not any better.

I have heard of one claim that Color Bond Ford Crystal Blue is a good match. Can anyone confirm this ?

Mad Dog

There is a local body shop supply store that will color match anything I bring in and make a spray can for $20. I can probably get midnight blue matched.

I am planning to stop by a local shop this week to see if they can match. If that turns out to be a bust, I would like to take you up on the offer. $20 is good deal for a custom match.

thanks,

Mad Dog

I can still take a midnight blue part to the shop and see what they come up with. I don't need the paint, but if you want to chance $20+shipping on some, let me know.

First, I can tell you Sems Shadow Blue is not it. That was my first try. Too light blue.

I took a MNB kick plate (under the steering column) from a junker and took it to a local auto paint store. They hand-matched the paint - brilliantly. I couldnt tell the difference. I took the stuff home, cleaned up a scratch on the interior I wanted to fix, and..... I can see the difference (too dark). Go figure. Is the E0 and E1 MNB paint slightly different ?

So, short story, I am still working on it.

Mad Dog

First, I can tell you Sems Shadow Blue is not it. That was my first try. Too light blue.

I took a MNB kick plate (under the steering column) from a junker and took it to a local auto paint store. They hand-matched the paint - brilliantly. I couldnt tell the difference. I took the stuff home, cleaned up a scratch on the interior I wanted to fix, and..... I can see the difference (too dark). Go figure. Is the E0 and E1 MNB paint slightly different ?

So, short story, I am still working on it.

Mad Dog

That's a good idea taking the cover it. I think I'll try the same thing.

I can still take a midnight blue part to the shop and see what they come up with. I don't need the paint, but if you want to chance $20+shipping on some, let me know.

I appreciate the offer, I'll try someone local first, and if that doesn't work I'll contact you.

Back