• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MIRACLE; I bought an svt with a blown motor for cheap before blufuzz could get to it!

Ares

Veteran CEG'er
Just messing with you Joe. But while I was outside watching the tow pull it up on the flatbed, the lady I bought it from comes out and says a guy just emailed or called and said he wanted the car. I asked her if his name was Joe Barnes and she laughs and says how did you know.

Its got newer Koni Adjustables and Kumo's, 200k on the od. Haven't decided what to do with it yet but it should be fun.

Triple A FTMFW
picture.php

Wait for me.
picture.php

She's home
picture.php

Is this the one that was in Aurora??

Yep. Sellers said someone had been there but didn't have the cash yet. I'm shocked it was still there when I got there on Saturday. I brought some cash along just in case and by Sunday afternoon it was in my driveway.

Yep. Sellers said someone had been there but didn't have the cash yet. I'm shocked it was still there when I got there on Saturday. I brought some cash along just in case and by Sunday afternoon it was in my driveway.

Nice I was trying to talk my wife in to letting me get it, but no.

I figured anything I did with it would turn a profit. New motor and sell, or even parting out (in case it wasn't in good condition).

Congrats on the pick up.

Nice I was trying to talk my wife in to letting me get it, but no.

I figured anything I did with it would turn a profit. New motor and sell, or even parting out (in case it wasn't in good condition).

Congrats on the pick up.

Sometimes, the wives just don't understand. There is definitely potential profit in this car. Still not sure what to do with it though.

Would be nice to know who owned this before. The seller said they bought it from someone who worked as a regional rep for Zeibart and drove it to work everywhere. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

you poop hole!

That's why they didn't call me back! I'm glad it went to you though..... $650 only too :nonono: That must have been right around your house huh? Within an hour-ish.

Did you say 200K?! wow - what does the interior look like? [beg]Wanna trade for the silver SVT? Me want a t-red soooooo bad. I even have brand new tan floor mats for it already[/beg]

Too bad this car will sit in your garage for 4 years before you get it done :D hahaha. Just bustin your chops ;)

you ass hole!

That's why they didn't call me back! I'm glad it went to you though..... $650 only too :nonono: That must have been right around your house huh? Within an hour-ish.

Did you say 200K?! wow - what does the interior look like? [beg]Wanna trade for the silver SVT? Me want a t-red soooooo bad. I even have brand new tan floor mats for it already[/beg]

Too bad this car will sit in your garage for 4 years before you get it done :D hahaha. Just bustin your chops ;)

LOL, try 550 my friend. And you can drop off those mats on your way to SZ. Interior is okay. No tears or holes but it has those crease marks that almost look like tears until you get up close. Yeah, was 40 miles away. I'm psyched. Should only take me 3 years this time since I've got a bit of experience doing this.

Fantastic..... I will trade you the mats for the car. $550! :censored:, :censored:, :censored:, :censored::censored::censored::censored:! I knew about the car on wednesday night but forgot to email them until friday..... My bad - Todd probably has more parts you might need to button this thing up. One SVT dies to save another, NOICE!

Cool. I'll take those and the 3.0 badge. Don't think I'll need the engine since I have a spare in the garage. I might be looking for an mtx though. What's your PP addy?

yup, I saw it too, I have no more room for cars. The Impalas in storage and just bought a Elantra for the mother in law to tote the kids around. The driveway is full!
Plus, I promised the wife I'd fix the house if i got an open check book for doing my SVT. So far so good!

Hey alex, you might be better off (price wise) to get another complete svt motor or a 3.0 instead of building your 2.5L that is tore apart. Longevity wise, you should build up the motor you have in the garage but it will take you awhile and I want to see you drive that t-red to SZ this year :laugh:......

There is a MTX in Cali for $200+ship. Good price IMO. Why do you need a trans? The diff wasn't blown :confused:.

Back