• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

micro breweries in Columbus Ohio

oberthecat

Veteran CEG'er
I'm going to be in Columbus for a few days in mid Aud. and am interested in places to eat downtown at lunch time. I would perfer some kind of local places rather than chain places.

Not a microbrew...Hunan House has the best Hunan around...not exactly downtown. It's a must have when I'm in Columbus. The best chinese food.

2350 E Dublin-Granville Rd
Columbus, Ohio

Barley's Brewing Barley's downtown location
A local "chain" of two locations. They brew their own, they're well known locally, it's good stuff!

Elevator Brewing Elevator here
Local brewer. Also good stuff.

Gordon Biersch G-B Arena district location here
It is a chain, but they do brew their own on-site (you can see the tanks), and their hefeweizen is really good.

And finally, The Columbus Brewing Co., which unfortunately no longer has a brewpub. But if you're somewhere other than the above breweries, ask if they've got CBC on draft (or bottle I guess), because they still brew and sell to local restaurants. The CBC pale ale was the one that introduced me to good pale ale.

Barley's Brewing Barley's downtown location
A local "chain" of two locations. They brew their own, they're well known locally, it's good stuff!

Elevator Brewing Elevator here
Local brewer. Also good stuff.

Gordon Biersch G-B Arena district location here
It is a chain, but they do brew their own on-site (you can see the tanks), and their hefeweizen is really good.

And finally, The Columbus Brewing Co., which unfortunately no longer has a brewpub. But if you're somewhere other than the above breweries, ask if they've got CBC on draft (or bottle I guess), because they still brew and sell to local restaurants. The CBC pale ale was the one that introduced me to good pale ale.
I went to Barley's as I could walk there from the Hyatt. Great food and beer. In was able to walk back as well.:shocked:
Thanks for you response.

Back