• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MA Tornado

2000myst

Veteran CEG'er
FYI. There are Tornado Warnings east of Springfield currently. It's traveling along the Mass Pike towards Worcester.

Hope everyone is OK.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day for many. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those effected by the storms today. They are still coming so be safe out there. Any word on aircougar?

aircougar is fine. I text message him soon after I heard about the tornado.

has anyone heard from Skunk? I heard one hit the sturbridge area also.

I heard something briefly yesterday about the tornado but I had no idea it hit them that hard. I was just looking at the pictures of the destruction. A lot worse than I expected to see.

I'm praying everyone was ok and safe during all that!

Pictures on WFSB

aircougar is fine. I text message him soon after I heard about the tornado.

has anyone heard from Skunk? I heard one hit the sturbridge area also.

Thanks for the concern Brian. It was the craziest thing i have been through i can tell ya. The tornado came through Sturbridge/Southbridge about the 5:20pm. It came within a 1/4 mile or so of my house. Michelle and I where outside and you could see the debris rotating in the sky but it was hard to make out the tornado itself. I have minor wind damage and trees down. We just got power back about an hour ago. I went for a drive and took some pics from my area and down by I84 where it came across teh highway and 1st entered Sturbridge. We have driven through here on our meets and it just clipped OSV.

Some pics from area..

just down the street from me
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

sturbridge

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

path it cut on it's way coming towards I84 & sturbridge

ry%3D400

adding some vids..

This is from Brimfield about 6 miles west of me. used to be 1 stop auto and towing. He gets a shot of teh tornado heading towards my area. He swears alot so turn the speaker down if you are at work, he is in total shock.

My neighborhood got hit pretty bad. Most of Plumtree got slammed. I was fortunate and the downed trees barely missed my house

Yeah we are ok... not much damage in chicopee at all.
I know a lot of people at work had some significant damage to their homes and yards, but nothing too major...

There is a large section of springfield that was cut through pretty bad though. One coworker's home was just missed by it... about 5 houses away from him it cut straight through from bradley road all the way down to main st..!!! One person's borther-in-lae was actually ON the memorial bridge when the tornado went over it, just like it shows in one of the videos... crazy he was ok, but his truck is damaged pretty bad.

All we had was quarter-sized hail and major downpour... we were lucky.
I just feel bad for the mother who was killed in W.Springfield, she was in her vehicle and jumped over one seat to shield her child from a falling tree, the child survived but she didnt. Just awful for the child to go through something like that.

I'm not even as concerned as I probably should be... I found out yesterday at work, that about an hour before the tornado hit, a coworker committed suicide in broad daylight in front of a home on a busy side street connecting Main St, to Columbus Ave... Had an argument with a woman, pulled out a gun and shot himself in the head! Could not believe it. He had a temper, but was a nice guy overall, and he lived just down the street in my neighborhood. Used to talk to him about cars when he was working out in his driveway... really upsetting.

I commuted to my house in East Longmeadow from Memorial Drive at 4:15...down Island Pond Rd. I barely missed the tornado that ripped through there. Absolutely nothing happened at my house even though we're a mere 2 minutes from Island Pond Rd. However, my parents have a camper at Village Green campground in Brimfield where that lady died. My parents kinda knew her. I guess a camper got thrown on her. That place was leveled. I will have pics up of the campground at some point. I shall take some pics today.

Here are before and after shots of our camper:
253886_1398061129721_1778062680_721310_5929097_n.jpg

252364_1398061969742_1778062680_721311_4345147_n.jpg

Back