• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

m62 supercharger

Project SVT

Veteran CEG'er
Well has anybody attempted to use a m62 supercharger on the tour? It has a clutch so you can turn it on and off. And I have one laying around and was just curious if anybody has. I know it'd have to have custom brackets and all that but just was curious if anybody has tried to use it.

i'd love to, but I don't have a welder or access to make brackets. and well since there aren't many PNW contour people around it seems id be stuck

It's a roots blower, there is no room for a roots blower on our cars unless you run a jackshaft and place it by the battery like the old vortech kit. Even the NPG kit for the Mazda 6 is too tall and I'm sure they tried their hardest to make it as short as possible. Besides that, a roots blower gives you low end tq which you don't want in a FWD car unless your goal is to make the car do a nice burnout. Ask any FI guy. 1-3 gears are useless and the roots would make it worse.

Back