• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for the air temp. sensor

rocketron

New CEG'er
I have a 1999 2.5 24 valve v6 and it shows a code for the air intake temp sensor. Can anybody tell me where on the engine this is?

It is poked into the airbox on your '99 between the MAF and the air filter :cool:.

Just went and checked for the third time. Theres only an inch between the MAF and the air box and there is nothing poked in or any wires in that area. I don't know if this makes a difference bot this is the Sport edition and I have never seen this motor before.

Then it is poking into the accordian tube on the intake just after the MAF.

The AIT is located on the lid of the airbox on the strut tower side. It is between the maf and the air filter as previously descibed.

Only the SVT had the AIT sensor in the accordan tube. All others where in the airbox.

picture is of the back side of the airbox, which faces the strut tower.

DB125DBA-7E88-43A5-A7FF-44DA21304B02-1915-000000BC69FBEB8A.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much gentleman, I found the hole in the airbox and then started pulling wires. Found the AIT hanging down beside the strut tower. Gonna take it to my Mechanic AGAIN, and solve this mystery for him. Again , thank you very much. Also found the linkage rod that opens the runners on the intake was off, WOW what a difference.

do you know what the code was? I am going to guess all it needs is to be cleaned and put back into place.

Also you might want to clean the maf, since it has been exposed to un-filter air for an unknown amount of time.

Back